Big Shake Out

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

bikeandbivvy

Big Shake Out

Post by bikeandbivvy »

So I'm new to the forum, so better say hi...
I've been through a couple of bikes but not found what I'm looking for, that's probably for another thread!

Anyhow, is anyone heading to the Alpkit Big Shake Out this month? I am and looking forward to it, just wondered if anyone interested in meeting up!
JohnClimber

Re: Big Shake Out

Post by JohnClimber »

Welcome, I believe our lord and master Stuart will be their talking to anyone who will listen to him about set ups etc.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Johns right, as usual I'll be running workshops / doing much talking about bikepacking type stuff. I'm generally to be found in the little woods behind the main camping field.
May the bridges you burn light your way
bikeandbivvy

Post by bikeandbivvy »

Hi Stuart I figured you might be there! I've booked on the tarpology & bikepacking activities so I'll probably see you at those, I just wondered if anyone else was heading down!

I was debating risking using just a tarp and bivvy but think I'll take my small tent instead!
RIP

Post by RIP »

"risking using just a tarp and bivvy" - go for it BaB :-bd. The only risk is you'll be able to see all the night time entertainment/weather rather than not - forecast for lightning this weekend but not the 30th :smile:. Then of course with the tarp you'll then able to practice all the tarpology top tips from Stu on the spot :-bd.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Tom and I will be there on Saturday evening. We may or may not be doing a talk, but I'll certainly be drinking beer on the dance floor later in the evening.