Moors One Hundred

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mike

Re: Moors One Hundred

Post by Mike »

Beer Bro...Are you going next weekend. Me and jase r in, looks like burty n viv also.
I can't wait I've been looking forward to this event for ages. I'm heading up Thurs and possibly riding Fri if anyone else is up?
Who else from here is going??
burty

Post by burty »

has anyone got the gpx route yet ?
Growler

Post by Growler »

In Reverse wrote:Those lads in Tuscany were NOT representative of the wider Boner community Si. :grin:

I, for one, am thoroughly looking forward to it. :-bd
Be great to catch up. Tuscany was pretty good (I think, now the rose tinted gebs are on). Actually, must give the bike a wash, its still covered in dust and chianti. Out of interest, who where the Boners we met out there?
Growler

Post by Growler »

burty wrote:has anyone got the gpx route yet ?
Files were finished last night, but there is a few pages of supporting notes to add, which need finishing off. I'm going to try and get them done this afternoon so i can go out and ride whilst the suns out :-bd
burty

Post by burty »

:-bd
Rich3rd

Post by Rich3rd »

Good effort Growler for the cat herding (pint earned from me definitely), I'm absolutely looking forward to it, I grew up as a kid in Pickering and loved spending time on the moors, never had an opportunity until now to go bikepacking there, the heather must be in full purple by now :-bd
Never knowingly under biked...
Growler

Post by Growler »

Rich3rd wrote:Good effort Growler for the cat herding (pint earned from me definitely), I'm absolutely looking forward to it, I grew up as a kid in Pickering and loved spending time on the moors, never had an opportunity until now to go bikepacking there, the heather must be in full purple by now :-bd
Heather has turned in places. Its usually full purple haze at this time of year, but due to the hot dry summer, some, not all has gone brown. A few dead sheep around too, which are fermenting nicely :o
ton

Post by ton »

hopefully doing this. any idea where we will be starting from.
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Mike wrote:Beer Bro...Are you going next weekend. Me and jase r in, looks like burty n viv also.
I can't wait I've been looking forward to this event for ages. I'm heading up Thurs and possibly riding Fri if anyone else is up?
Yep, there's a few of us going up from Manchester. Steve Large is on the entry list too from memory.

Looking into finding a pub or something in the area for a few of us to kip at on the Friday night and maybe have a shandy or two. Si - can you think of anywhere?
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Growler wrote:
In Reverse wrote:Those lads in Tuscany were NOT representative of the wider Boner community Si. :grin:

I, for one, am thoroughly looking forward to it. :-bd
Be great to catch up. Tuscany was pretty good (I think, now the rose tinted gebs are on). Actually, must give the bike a wash, its still covered in dust and chianti. Out of interest, who where the Boners we met out there?
The big rough ginger tired-looking one is Wotsits on here.

You and I followed each other on Strava at the end - I'm Andy Bennett.
Growler

Post by Growler »

In Reverse wrote:
Mike wrote:Beer Bro...Are you going next weekend. Me and jase r in, looks like burty n viv also.
Yep, there's a few of us going up from Manchester. Steve Large is on the entry list too from memory.

Looking into finding a pub or something in the area for a few of us to kip at on the Friday night and maybe have a shandy or two. Si - can you think of anywhere?
Couple of good pubs in Goathland, and Abbots Farm Campsite is good too (crawling distance from the pub). Should be there for around seven on the friday evening, and Gil probably earlier if there is the promise of ale.
Growler

Post by Growler »

ton wrote:hopefully doing this. any idea where we will be starting from.
Route info is now on the website....

https://moorsonehundred.com/the-route

:-bd
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Looking forward to this :cool:

Downloaded the route notes & gpx files ok :ugeek:

Only used the bike once since Tuscany, hope my legs hold out! :-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
burty

Post by burty »

does anyone know if there is parking at the start
or is it a case of dump the car somewhere close .
ton

Post by ton »

not a lot of parking in goathland. some onroad stuff.
someone mentioned a campsite.

anyone want a lift from leeds area?
Growler

Post by Growler »

OK folks
I have put an updated GPX file on the website. Where i converted the route into a track yesterday using Memory M(Cr)ap, it cut lots of corners off to reduce the number of waypoints. Old file is fine if using a map or memory map app, but if loading straight into a garman, some of the junctions were really squared off. I had a few hours this morning re drawing the route with much more detail and it now looks tip top. So you need to go back onto the website and download the new files. Sorry for the balls up, but id rather sort this now than have you lovely people get lost on't moors.

Pip Pip
Si
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

but id rather sort this now than have you lovely people get lost on't moors.
:shock:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Growler

Post by Growler »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
but id rather sort this now than have you lovely people get lost on't moors.
:shock:
Love that film. Nurse Price is something else :smile:
jaminb

Post by jaminb »

For reasons of unbelievable tedium I will now not be able to attend next weekend.

I have informed the organisers but my name is still down on the 130 entrance list - so if anyone wants to pretend to be me for the weekend please pm.

Please be aware to carry off the full "me" effect you will need to be very slow; mostly heading in the wrong direction and overloaded.
ton

Post by ton »

has anyone got this route as a actual map on os maps or bike hike. i cant get the gpx to work on my phone.
Growler

Post by Growler »

ton wrote:has anyone got this route as a actual map on os maps or bike hike. i cant get the gpx to work on my phone.
There will be marked maps to copy from at the start. Talking of which....
Growler

Post by Growler »

***IMPORTANT***

Due to just about every spare bed in Goathland being taken next weekend, I’ve just called in at the Community Hub

https://communityhubsportspavilion.co.uk

They will be opening the gates on Friday afternoon at 4:30 and are offering parking from friday evening to Sunday night for just £10 per car. That includes camping on the football pitch on the Friday night, use of the changing rooms and showers and they will be opening the bar too. Route maps and any final info will also be available inside until 9am on the Saturday morning. Camping on the Sunday night be negotiable (I’ll get back to you on that one). Every single penny of this goes straight back into the community, so please, if you have not already arranged accommodation, give this your support.

Please note there is a birthday party using the centre on the Saturday night, so only park on the football pitch as directed.

Cheers
Si
burty

Post by burty »

we were just wondering where to stay , well done that man :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Nice one Si. :-bd
Asposium

Post by Asposium »

Might be a bit late to the party; however, have signed up for the mailing list.

See if I can get in.

Handy given I live in Hull