Bikepacking.com collective.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Steezysix

Re: Bikepacking.com collective.

Post by Steezysix »

ever considered supporting this place with a fiver?
I would, but I've just spent all my money on a couple of glossy magazines... :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

..and Gentlemen's Entertainment Literature isn't cheap these days. Or so I've heard. From a friend. :oops: :wink:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

You ask people to pay for stuff and you'll start getting d1ckheads bitching about irrelevant poor show e.g. the newsletter doesn't come out on time (or at all) or it has fewer articles than usual, or the site crashes for a week and they demand a pro-rata refund for loss of service etc etc etc :roll:

I suspect Stu would give up doing what he does if he had to deal with that cr8p. At which point there'd be no bearbones. That'd be a shame :cry:

I wonder what it costs Stu to "keep the lights on" at this place? Knowing that might help people decide whether £1/10/100 a day/month/year is appropriate. IMO, whatever is gifted, comes with no more expectation than it might give a slightly warm fuzzy feeling for a small act of altruism.

However, I've no right to know this nor would I / am I actually asking. It's not my business. Probably shouldn't have mentioned it :oops:
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

To be honest CM, costs vary - often depending on whether I've sweet talked the server / they've knackered things up or if I've had an idea for a sticker :wink:

My post yesterday wasn't in any way an attempt to raise revenue, it really just was an observation leading to a question. I'll not deny that it's nice that some people have donated money but I don't expect donations to cover everything, in fact, I don't really expect them to cover anything ... but it's a bonus. However, any real satisfaction is gleaned from reading stuff like this :-bd
Mad to think this holiday which has definitely changed my life a bit cost about £160 including last minute trains from Birmingham. Bikepacking is absolutely brilliant. Cheers to all the daft folk on here who do daft stuff and got me from looking at bits for my #soenduro mountain bike on the classifieds to the two wheeled tramp I am today
May the bridges you burn light your way
SteveM

Post by SteveM »

I’m quite happy to support Bikepacking.com as its a regular read for me, the magazines should be good enough to share shelf space with a few select other mags

and if nothing else it’s prompted me to feed the bear a wee bit :-)