Photos direct from Google Pics

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

barney

Photos direct from Google Pics

Post by barney »

I haven't posted up pics in a while since Photobucket changed their rules.

Now I only use Google Photos to host my pictures, can you publish photos from Google direct onto the forum as I only seem to be able to post links?

Cheers
Wait for me...
Lawmanmx

Re: Photos direct from Google Pics

Post by Lawmanmx »

Oreet Mark, was the hammock all you expected then pal?
barney

Post by barney »

Yeah great thanks Tony, I want to post up a photo but don't know how to from Google photos!
Wait for me...
robert

Post by robert »

Click on the image to open it in a separate tab, then click right on the image, "Copy image address", then click on the Img button at the forum and paste your image addresse between the two img tags.

sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Wow, never knew that could be done, that's much better than the faff with photobucket :smile: Thanks.

PS, this pic was taken on Sunday, it's just the last pic I took of the bike, chosen to test the above posting method, it also shows that the snow has now gone and we're back to normal winter riding down south.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

FWIW I can't see either of the images above. There's a weird Google Pics thing going on where the images are sometimes available and sometimes not. And sometimes it stops working randomly.

I've found that posting it to something like IMGUR works easily enough and provides a simple URL for linking.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Me neither Colin - I thought Sean was showing that the snow had returned and engulfed all in its path :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I can see the images but I've had occasion when Google hosted pictures don't appear.

I use imgur as well, very easy to link images, there's even an option for the whole forum friendly code to copy and paste here.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Ah, that's not much of a success then :sad: I can see both of the images so it's not that I can see mine just because it is mine then. It looks like it's still photobucket for me, which weirdly still works despite other people having issues. It's just more work as I have to download the pic from google, re-size then upload to photobucket which can be very slow.
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

As per the OP's problem Photobucket changed their rules about linking from third party sites, i.e. like here, unless you pay a subscription. There's lots of old threads on various forums with Photobucket's standard "no linking" error image.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Me neither Colin - I thought Sean was showing that the snow had returned and engulfed all in its path :wink:
I won't say I wish it was back as apart from playing on the bike the snow can be a pain, especially when it's as bad as your driveway picture showed.

Just before the pic was taken (the one you cant see) the mud got so bad I couldn't even push the bike on the flat as the wheels wouldn't go round. By this point is was too heavy to carry. I can lift it over a gate when loaded and weighing 50 lb so I'd estimate the weight including mud at 75 lb to 100lb. I had to drag it sideways until clear of the worst bit, scape off enough to be able to lift it, get past the mud then bang off the worst and the rest came of the wheels as I picked up speed. Oh the joys of living in the south :roll: It was also made all the harder by the 13 degree weather and sun meaning I was working up a sweat dragging it along :wink:
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

Yeh, no visible images here either...
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

whitestone wrote:As per the OP's problem Photobucket changed their rules about linking from third party sites, i.e. like here, unless you pay a subscription. There's lots of old threads on various forums with Photobucket's standard "no linking" error image.
That's the bit I don't understand as I don't pay a subscription but mine still seems to work? For example

It's just slow to use due to the ads etc.
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

I assume we're talking Google Photo's, the place where the pictures on you phone go? If so I don't think it's possible to publicly share photos from there, you can share with specific people or groups though. Photobucket is no longer an option, they removed the ability to share pictures unless you pay a hefty annual fee (unless they changed it again). Flickr is free to use and works reasonably well.

Staying with Google, Google+ is an option but I haven't used it (this might be about to change). Blogspot is Google's blog offering which can tie into a Google+ account, you can publish pictures publicly on there.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Is my picture above showing? The bike at the side of a snowy track. It's from photbucket and I don't pay anything. I just clicked on the IMG button in the share options to get this code

[1mg]http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q56 ... xxex0a.jpg[/1mg]

I've had to put a ? in the http bit and 1's in the IMG bit or it just shows the picture not the code.

I then deleted everything outside of the [IMG] bits to post the pic.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

sean_iow wrote:Is my picture above showing? The bike at the side of a snowy track.
Well, I can see it
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Maybe I've slipped under the radar? I'll keep my head down whilst it still works. I've been expecting it to stop since the problems began for others but it just keeps working.
Moder-dye

Post by Moder-dye »

I can see it too
robert

Post by robert »

OK As I saw my picture perfectly I thought it was the solution :)