Bivvy a month badges ... soon come.

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Bearbonesnorm

Re: Bivvy a month badges ... soon come.

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sorry, missed that. Non - completion? Was that a trip that had to be abandoned part way through or did things not progress that far?
May the bridges you burn light your way
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Sorry, missed that. Non - completion? Was that a trip that had to be abandoned part way through or did things not progress that far?
Things didnt progress that far. Not my fault. I didnt know there was a badge involved or would have made an attempt at Jan
Blackhound

Post by Blackhound »

Think bivvy a month will be my enduring legacy to the world. My Mona Lisa or something.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Think bivvy a month will be my enduring legacy to the world. My Mona Lisa or something.
Well, it's not a bad legacy Kevin :-bd
things didnt progress that far. Not my fault. I didnt know there was a badge involved or would have made an attempt at Jan
Who's fault is it? The motivation should be freedom, exploration and self betterment - not a badge :wink: ... however, pull your finger out and you'll be able to claim a badge next Feb :-bd
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Excellent.... Freedom you say... self betterment and exploration :-bd Am on it...
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

vaguely exciting stu , as I to thought I would have to wait until the end of 2019 due to having freedom passes revoked in Jan, as Mike and Scott will confirm good company, beer ,bikes and camping in the cold I now have the bug
Mbnut

Post by Mbnut »

On several occasions I set out on a Saturday night and didn't return home until sometime Sunday.... happened twice on a Friday night too.... and once on a Tuesday night. :shock:

Not strickly bivis....

Do I get a badge?
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Did it involve a bike Nige?
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Like this, I've completed 2016 and 2017, does that mean I can claim 2 badges? One for each frame bag and all that!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

TBH it had never occurred to me that these badges were for anything other than BAM 2017 and that I might therefore end up with more than one.
Taylor

Post by Taylor »

ScotRoutes wrote:TBH it had never occurred to me that these badges were for anything other than BAM 2017 and that I might therefore end up with more than one.
you can buy as many as you want to put a badge on every pair of trunks you own.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Trunks? You mean the swimming kind, right?

http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... =10&t=8981
Bearbonesnorm wrote:I thought I'd post this now to give people a little time to ponder. Anyone completing BAM next year by the guidelines below will be eligible for a special momento to mark their 'achievement'.

1/ At least one night out during every calender month throughout 2017.

#justsayin
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If anyone does think these should be limited to ONLY those people who completed a 2017 BaM ... that's fine, just that the badges will be £15 :-bd
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Oh - I've already reserved a spot on my BB gilet. Might get one for my jersey too now. If I do 2018 I'll go the whole hog and just get it tattooed on my chest :lol:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey we're turning this into a right palaver aren't we :lol:. But I'm similar to 'Routes - it was advertised as Jan-Dec of each year not any 12 month period - I cocked up Feb '16 so didn't claim 2016. But also obv Stu's right it'd be silly having a separate badge every year. Maybe you earn it for a first full calendar year then subsequent years you just bask in the warm glow of self-satisfaction as your only reward :smile:.
Last edited by RIP on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

If I'd of known it was going to be any consecutive 12 months I wouldn't of headed out late December 2017 with the flu to qualify as I'd done a bivi in December 2016 :wink:

#justsayin :lol:

But I'm easy, I know I've done the BAM 2017 ethically and in the spirit of the rules posted at the start :wink: but at the end of the day the reward is a sew on badge so need to keep this in proportion :grin:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

This is us keeping it in proportion Sean :lol:. For goodness sake man this is a BBB badge we're talking about here not something trivial like a Nobel award or an Oscar or something!
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

RIP wrote:This is us keeping it in proportion Sean :lol:. For goodness sake man this is a BBB badge we're talking about here not something trivial like a Nobel award or an Oscar or something!
This why I presumed I wouldn't be eligible until the end of 2019 after the disastrous start to the year
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Now, I know the title of this thread promises badges soon come but alas I failed to spot "we're having a production break until March 25th" when I ordered them ... why they didn't simply say, "we're going away for a bit" I've no idea. Anyway, just so you know - soon is now nearer than it was originally but not as soon as I assumed it would be in the beginning :wink:
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

sean_iow wrote:If I'd of known it was going to be any consecutive 12 months I wouldn't of headed out late December 2017 with the flu to qualify as I'd done a bivi in December 2016 :wink:

#justsayin :lol:

But I'm easy, I know I've done the BAM 2017 ethically and in the spirit of the rules posted at the start :wink: but at the end of the day the reward is a sew on badge so need to keep this in proportion :grin:
You could always do the BB 200 and obtain a badge earlier, they also come an an attractive range of colours :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

BigdummySteve wrote:You could always do the BB 200 and obtain a badge earlier, they also come an an attractive range of colours :-bd
I completed the BAM 2017 :smile: or are you suggesting that the badges wont arrive until after the BB200? As for BB200 badges, I've for one of them in an attractive shade of Black, the only colour to have :wink:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger