Giant Revolt

Post by Nevis »

Anyone got a Giant revolt?

Good, bad or just plain ugly?
ScotRoutes

Re: Giant Revolt

Post by ScotRoutes »

Not pretty.

I've sold a few though (in a previous job). Competent, comfortable, well finished. We certainly never had any faults building them or any coming back with problems so the owners all seemed happy.
If I only had one bike and it was a Revolt I'd not have much to complain about.
Nevis

Post by Nevis »

Yeah, it's not going to win any beauty contests. The looks don't really upset me though.

It wouldn't be my only ride. I have a carbon roadie and hard tail and a full sus that I've not ridden for a long time. I was thinking of swapping out the fs and replacing it with a winter roadie / gravelly type thing.

They seem like pretty good value. I also like the fact that it'll take a 50mm tyre.
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

I own one. The revolt 1. Use it for commuting. Had a chain-stay crack on me and the carbon seat post snap in half at separate occasions. Though Giant replaced both under warranty.
Not the best spec. I think I got it for £700 new (on sale). I've replaced a few parts over the probably 2 years I've had it. Derailleur, BB, chain as the usual cables and tyres. I've not owned any other road(ish) bikes so can't compare. I liked it (until my replacement frame came in nasty blue instead of the black I had)
Nevis

Post by Nevis »

Ok. Worth knowing about the chainstay as I was thinking about picking one up s/h

Cheers
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

Sorry it was the seatstay not the chainstay