Rutland water

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

BigdummySteve

Rutland water

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’ve a ride around Rutland water in a couple of weeks, not my idea! A group of ex-work mates organise a group ride every month, unfortunately despite having some nice bikes between them (including a 3K Ebike) they seem set on rail trails ect :roll: so I was wondering if anyone knows the area and if it’s possible to bivvy somewhere next to the lake. I’d go up the day before, little ride, overnight bivvy then gently ride around lake being sociable.

And yes I’ve tried to convert them to to dank side.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Re: Rutland water

Post by RIP »

Appropriate slip there if ever there was one Steve :smile: - "dank side". It usually is just that on our bivis isn't it :smile:. For gawd's sake keep away from the bike shop there too or your wallet'll never come out alive....
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

RIP wrote:Appropriate slip there if ever there was one Steve :smile: - "dank side". It usually is just that on our bivis isn't it :smile:. For gawd's sake keep away from the bike shop there too or your wallet'll never come out alive....
It wasn’t accidental :-bd there’s a bike shop :o with that and a possible visit it the climbers shop I’m in trouble :shock:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

:grin:

Hopefully MuddyPete'll be along soon to explain where you can obtain some of those yummy porkpies made out of chocolate. Or was it the other way round. There's a chance I may have misunderstood this bit.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
BigRingGrinder

Post by BigRingGrinder »

Rutland Water is fairly local to me and ridden round it several times as part of a bigger ride. Not really thought about bivvy spots when I've been riding round but I'd say probably somewhere on the Hambleton peninsula might be your best option.