Rear mech hanger

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Oli.vert

Re: Rear mech hanger

Post by Oli.vert »

In Reverse wrote:
whitestone wrote:
Dave Barter wrote:Oli is right and the one in there snapped beautifully saving my rear mech and the frame.
They are the mechanical equivalent of a fuse. On farm machinery there's typically a "shear bolt" or similar, if something jams the machine then this snaps, shears, and the power from the tractor doesn't do any damage trying to force things to keep going.
It's the same as the "lightweight gene" which southerners possess - it kicks in after two pints of lager top and shuts their whole system down, neatly avoiding any potential harm caused by a hazardous third pint.
Indeed. Stronger is not always bad..... there are times when you really appreciate having people around prepared to get drunk enough to do idiot things, or to fend off marauding hordes of drunk persons of differing opinions. Sometimes having some (slightly more sober) lightweights around is useful for the arrival of those wearing the clothing of authority.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Sometimes having some (slightly more sober) lightweights around is useful for the arrival of those wearing the clothing of authority.
What, like a Bear Bones jersey?
May the bridges you burn light your way
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:
Sometimes having some (slightly more sober) lightweights around is useful for the arrival of those wearing the clothing of authority.
What, like a Bear Bones jersey?
Dunno, maybe. Do they come in blue serge? :lol:
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Just to get you piss heads back on topic. Justin at Burls has sorted me out a barginous deal on 2 spares. So thanks for all the help I am now sorted now.

Ps. Hark at the northerners...our tramps down here could represent the nation with their Special Brew and Tenants Super skills. Don't tar us all with the shandy brush. That's London.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer