2 day route round snowdonia

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jam bo

2 day route round snowdonia

Post by jam bo »

heading to the in-laws for half term week, they live a mile of so south or beddgelert at the bottom of the aberglasyn pass.

I reckon I can get away with a two day ride with a night out somewhere. Maybe 40-50miles a day?

any suggestions welcome.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: 2 day route round snowdonia

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Ooh plenty to go at ... reckon I'd start by picking up the track at SH 612452 and heading east to Croesor. I'd then use the lanes and head for SH 654396 and follow the track from Ivy Bridge south west past Llyn Tecwyn Uchaf. I'd pick up the lanes once more and point myself southish until I reached SH 604249 and ride to Pont Scethin before finally hitting tarmac at SH 673189.

I'd cross the estuary and follow the Mawddach trail into Dol'. After a 9" Donor pizza and a visit to the Spar, I'd pick up the backroad at SH 717189 and follow it north until the carpark at SH 730234. The tarmac ends here but just keep following the track north through the forest aiming for SH 721289 - take the right fork shown as Sarn Helen on the map.

Hit tarmac again at SH726315 and continue down to Traws. I'd cycle clockwise round the reservoir aiming for the power station ... however, doing this will mean you miss the visitor centre cafe, the lovely woman who runs it and her cake collection. Pick up the track near the power station SH 690380 until tarmac at SH 680391. From there simply retrace your outward leg home.
May the bridges you burn light your way
summittoppler

Post by summittoppler »

How about this 80 miler. Plenty of double tracks, single, country lane and some good old hike a bike (not too much though)
Anti clockwise
Imagenorth wales big loop by Jeff Price, on Flickr
BAM: 2014, 2018 & ......
2024 Bikepacking nights: 5

Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/summittoppler/

YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jefbricks/videos
dlovett

Post by dlovett »

Stu, how do you convert your os 6 digit numbers into Garmin Basecamp friendly 12 digit (SH 75875 51964), just add some zeros?

Bearbonesnorm wrote:Ooh plenty to go at ... reckon I'd start by picking up the track at SH 612452 and heading east to Croesor. I'd then use the lanes and head for SH 654396 and follow the track from Ivy Bridge south west past Llyn Tecwyn Uchaf. I'd pick up the lanes once more and point myself southish until I reached SH 604249 and ride to Pont Scethin before finally hitting tarmac at SH 673189.

I'd cross the estuary and follow the Mawddach trail into Dol'. After a 9" Donor pizza and a visit to the Spar, I'd pick up the backroad at SH 717189 and follow it north until the carpark at SH 730234. The tarmac ends here but just keep following the track north through the forest aiming for SH 721289 - take the right fork shown as Sarn Helen on the map.

Hit tarmac again at SH726315 and continue down to Traws. I'd cycle clockwise round the reservoir aiming for the power station ... however, doing this will mean you miss the visitor centre cafe, the lovely woman who runs it and her cake collection. Pick up the track near the power station SH 690380 until tarmac at SH 680391. From there simply retrace your outward leg home.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Stu, how do you convert your os 6 digit numbers into Garmin Basecamp friendly 12 digit (SH 75875 51964), just add some zeros?
My description's fairly vague with work required to join the dot's, so would be much easier to do with a paper map in front of you rather than a screen.
May the bridges you burn light your way