Pinnacle ramin 1 hanger question

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Trigs

Pinnacle ramin 1 hanger question

Post by Trigs »

I know theres a few with Ramins on here, so im hoping someone could do me a favour.

I bent my derailleur hanger, and purchased a new one. Unfortunately the new one does not fit on to the frame. On closer inspection the mounting screw holes are slightly further apart and the curve of the hanger also does not match the frame as well as the original does. Been sending emails etc, long story short, i bought another one incase it was a defective part. No joy, second new one is the same, will not fit.

Still to get back to Evans with another email, but i was hoping someone could tell me whether the hanger on their bike has similar writing to the left or right hanger in this picture. The blocky writing one on left is the original, which fits, and the thin writing is the newly arrived one which doesnt.

http://imgur.com/a/pTNJ6

Reason for asking is that the two new ones i have been sent have the date on packaging of 22/02/16. Its a 2017 bike, and in an email they did state that the design has changed slightly but it still should fit. So im just wondering if the one with blocky writing is the new hanger design and the two i have been sent are older versions which dont fit.

Probably end up just taking the bike into the shop and seeing if they can get one to fit or something, pain in the arse where the shop is though.
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Pinnacle ramin 1 hanger question

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Now I'm as confused as you ... just looked at my spare hanger and that has the smaller writing. However, I've also looked at the hanger fitted to my frame (older model than yours) and that has the larger writing. In an effort to understand, I looked at the hanger fitted to the Arkose LTD and that has the smaller writing too ... which would (possibly) indicate that the one with the smaller writing should fit your frame - maybe :???:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Trigs

Post by Trigs »

Thanks for that, both the new ones have the smaller writing which dont fit, so that possibly rules that out as the solution then.

Not sure what options im left with now. Probably just either go into store and get a hanger that looks the same as the original and hope it fits, or take the bike in and let them try to fit one of the new bits i have.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Sorry for the faff here. I'm in and out of wifi areas but I know this has been picked up in the office. Not sure why a batch have been delivered with the wrong spec but there's a few around in the office on older sample frames etc. Try calling contact centre and asking for someone technically minded who can check this with Pinnacle James or someone else when I'm away as I am this week into next, they may be able to locate one. We're all away some of next week though sorry.
Trigs

Post by Trigs »

Thanks jameso.

Ive had a few emails with Evans, but from 3 different people and tbh i wasnt sure if i had explained it well enough or if it was getting lost in translation between different people. The last email i received though on Tuesday said it had been passed on to the pinnacle team and perhaps they would have an answer. I didnt respond to that one yet as i was waiting on the second new hanger coming, just incase it was a malformed part, but no luck.
Just to be clear though it is a 2017 bike, but the packaging for the newly ordered hangers have 22/02/16 on them, so im assuming they are old hangers and my bike would have the newest on it. (if that is the problem)

I do have 2 pictures showing the way the old hanger and new hanger sits on the frame, doesnt show up that well on photo though. Tried to get one showing how the mounting holes were out of alignment also, but i cant get that in photo at all.

Not in a rush though, will send another email or trying phoning up as you say, thanks for the reply.

Edit-
Alright so for any interested this is how the original sits in the frame

http://imgur.com/a/mv919

and the newly bought one with the gap between frame and hanger

http://imgur.com/a/zuvHO

Hole looks clear on the second one, but unable to get the screw through it. Wasnt sure if these pictures showed clearly enough to be worth sending. Not sure if i can see it because i know its there, or whether the difference is visible to others also.