BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mountainbaker

Re: BareBones Fatfighters - The weigh in

Post by mountainbaker »

I was 72.3kg after Braunton 150, which is almost back down to my post Tour Divide 69.5Kg. Then two days after Braunton 150, I'm 75kg again! That's a lot of curry and recovery beer. :grin:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

My post-B150 recovery has been slightly less enjoyable...but has cleaned me out to the tune I'm now ~64.8Kg. It's official - heat exhaustion/sun stroke really does suck.

Greetz

S.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Was 68kg at the start of the year and after the B150 I'm at 62.5kg today, hadn't weighed myself for a couple of weeks but am thinner now for sure.

Interestingly although I've not followed the LCHF diet very closely recently I feel like I'm burning less food on rides and the most striking thing was that in the days after the 150 I wasn't crazy hungry. In the past after a long ride like that I'd be hoovering all food in sight for a weeks (or more) afterwards.

I did a few weeks on it and partially adapted (could cruise well but lost my top end power) then followed LCHF in the week but would eat carbs over the weekend to fuel a long ride (waaaaay less than usual though) or a small amount of carbs before a high intensity session. In recent weeks I've not really been paying attention to it.

Plan for after the HT550 is to give it a good go and see if I can adapt and develop top end while on fats only. That would be great!
Wilkyboy

Post by Wilkyboy »

I reduced carbs in my diet after new year and dropped from 76kg to 70kg over that time — and definitely thinner. Not particularly LCHF, but I have gone back to butter and the like, just not huge amounts. I eat a lot of eggs and greens now.

I seem to be doing okay converting away from burning carbs — I rode 400km in 23h to York last weekend and although I had a few Jelly Babies with me, I ate only about half of them, just to have something to do, really. Pace wasn't almighty and we stopped for some decent meal stops, but it was a team event, and I wasn't the slowest, climbing quickly and still pulling strongly (for me) on the front into York, which I put down to being partially adapted for fat-burn (more specifically, less reliant on carb-burn, as I think I have a way to go). I've never been particularly strong for long on the top-end, so I didn't notice anything missing there. And I rode it fixed-gear, for what that's worth (probably not much).

I'm hoping to ride a leisurely WRT, cover at least 200km, and still feel pretty okay at the end. Those hopes may yet be dashed ...
Mart

Post by Mart »

OK after Fri Lunchtime weigh in at the gym i'm back under the 90kgs (including the 3wk average)
I've trained hard in the gym and swam, but the eating has gone adrift with beer and cake on several occasions
I've not done low carb - just watched what i eat and having a light breakfast (coffee and yoghurt) then porridge for lunch and big evening meal (which helps fuel some of the evening swim)

Maybe i should try low carb for a bit
2924 miles per Gallon
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

For what it's worth, I lost all my weight on a fairly typical "bodybuilder" diet. Moderate carbs, moderate fat, high protein.

Low carb is by no means a requirement, it's just that some people find it easier to stick to / eat less on.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

80kg, post Dirty Reivers
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

My update for Thursday just gone: 84.3kg

I keep losing a bit, then getting smashed and having a takeaway at the weekend. Now aiming for three days of fasting between now and the WRT weekend. Bring on the black coffee...
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Updated. Looks like I've gained a lot, but it's just because of the average being messed up by those few days of serious water retention after the Braunton 150.

I'm back in range as of the last few days.
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

Updated....4 lbs on....all Carb related I'm afraid.....mainly cake/ hot cross buns,
Doc not happy with high protein/low carb diet either, seems to be aggravating
An underlying condition, final results on Thursday, she was happy that at least
I was doing something....still no riding but walking has increased....
17st 8 :oops:
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

might be of interest to some :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imJQinUiMcg
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

First 3 days of this week was steady on 65Kg. 2 nights on the turps and scales said 67Kg this morning. Should be around the 66/65 mark once I'm done with WRT. Less again after España.

Greetz

S.
gairym

Post by gairym »

Wow - things really went sideways (ok, backwards) during our recent two week trip to the UK.

Right back where I started.....ouchy!

On the plus side I have managed to get some decent miles in recently - 2 x 140km rides and 1 x 120km in the two weeks in the UK and so 'training' for Tuscany is going well enough.

Gairy Mannion - Target weight: 90kg (and eventually lower)

Start weight -01-01-2017:
110kg
09-01-2017:
108.9kg
16-01-2017:
107.8kg
23-01-2017:
107.2kg
31-01-2017:
108.4kg
21-02-2017
106.5kg
20-03-2017
105.5kg
04-05-2017
109.5kg

No complaints as it's all my fault for not resisting the many and varied temptations of holiday excess consumption.

Back on the LCHF and ZB (zero beer) plan as of now and so let the fun begin again.....
Lawmanmx

Post by Lawmanmx »

lost 4lbs in the last 2 weeks, i didn't think i had that much to lose, Lol
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Put on another 3kg after the WRT. Hilarious, I was so puffy with water retention that you couldn't even see my ankles. :lol:
godivatrailrider

Post by godivatrailrider »

godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:
godivatrailrider wrote:Martin
01/01/17
Initial Goal ? anything starting with 15st would be good...... 14st something would be vaguely exciting

17st 6.8lb :???:
17th Jan - 17.3.4 (was 17.6.0 on 16th)
23rd Jan - 17.2.6
30th Jan - 16.13.4
6th Feb - 16.11.2
13th Feb - 16.8.6
20th Feb - 16.8.6
27th Feb - 16.7.8
6th March - 16.3.2
13th March - 16.3.0
20 March - 16.1.6
3rd April - 15.12.6
10th April - 15.9.2
4th May - 15.8.4

Weight has been fairly static over the last month but stayed under 16 st :) My cycling is improving a bit. Did Nant Yr Arian big loop on Saturday and rode everything and felt good.
Been pretty good on the LCHF, had a few beers though. I'm not concerned. Off to Antwerp for cycling this weekend and the associated Belgian beers, not likely to be good, but I need to live too :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Jealous. I love me some Belgian beers.

godivatrailrider

Richard G wrote:Jealous. I love me some Belgian beers.

Bit of a weakness of mine. Me and Mitch are doing a Tour De Central Belgium next month. Going to WestMalle, Maredsous, possibly La Trappe, and any others we can build into the route :) 350 miles in 6 days of cycling :)
Richard G

Post by Richard G »

Awes0me.

Super long distance pub crawl. :lol:
Last edited by Richard G on Thu May 04, 2017 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
giryan

Post by giryan »

I've not joined in here, but have been trying on my own, and as I'm really trying to get back into actually riding and all that I figured I'd post :)

From Jan where I was at 103.2kg I didn't really do anything until March.
On the 10th March I started to be LCHF, and have been doing awesomely, feeling better than I have in years, losing weight, not being constantly hungry, and basically having a great time :D
I'm down just about 8kg, to 95.3.
BMI (I know, it's a really terrible measure) is out of obese for the first time in many years :D
mh24

Post by mh24 »

NorwayCalling wrote:Image

Hello and welcome to the place to record your stats for the grand BBFF challenge. Its quite a simple process and hopefully with a little mutual support, we can all archive our goals in 2017. If you are not familiar with this then have a look here: http://bearbonesbikepacking.co.uk/phpBB ... f=7&t=8939
There are no rules or other such things but this is is how it goes.

1. Post your starting weight and any other dimensions you fell like sharing.
2. Weights will be recorded every 2 weeks, Thursday morning is what I am thinking (but its up to you).
3. Some idea of what you would like to achieve would be nice (i.e. I would like to loose 20 cm from around my gut and 10 kg in weight)
4. Update your original post with your new weight every 2 weeks and see how it goes (add a new line per entry).

I will be keeping a spreadsheet on this and will post some stuff up as we go along.

So good luck to all in 2017.
Ok groovers - here goes:
1. Todays weight: 16St 11
2. Dimensions - not sure - will measure tonight
3. Get to under 13 Stone (not been there since 1988!). In meantime 14st by august
mh24

Post by mh24 »

giryan wrote:I've not joined in here, but have been trying on my own, and as I'm really trying to get back into actually riding and all that I figured I'd post :)

On the 10th March I started to be LCHF, and have been doing awesomely, feeling better than I have in years, losing weight, not being constantly hungry, and basically having a great time :D
BMI (I know, it's a really terrible measure) is out of obese for the first time in many years :D
Good effort - I have just started this thread at 105kg / getting back in to some serious riding. Nice to hear everyones stories. FTR I am also Type 2 Diabetic (after having a stroke from a MTB crash!.. So, need to make some life changes!
godivatrailrider

giryan wrote:I've not joined in here, but have been trying on my own, and as I'm really trying to get back into actually riding and all that I figured I'd post :)

Good going.... it's working for me too. I don't see it as a diet .... it's a way of eating, much like vegetarianism is, I don't foresee an end to doing it.
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Well its a Thursday, so here we go again... not loosing any weight - but not gaining either, so 200g lost since last update. Been eating badly and know it...

Are you not on the chart.. then you need to update your figures, as only those with 3 (or more) recorded weigh in's are on the chart.

NEXT PRIZE DRAW IS ON THE 18th May - remember you just need to update to be in with a shout of winning a nice prize :-)

ImageBBB_fatfighters_week16ish by Dr. Jekyll, on Flickr
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Ok groovers - here goes:
1. Todays weight: 16St 11
2. Dimensions - not sure - will measure tonight
3. Get to under 13 Stone (not been there since 1988!). In meantime 14st by august
Welcome, just remember to post up every 2 weeks and after 3 postings your on the chart and in with a chance of winning some prizes*

Good luck with the weight loss!

* why 3 posts.. simple I have 15 folk who poisted once or twice at the start and then stopped - makes the chart look "gappy" so them's the rules.