Alpkit Shop

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blag

Alpkit Shop

Post by Blag »

Anyone else been in the new shop yet. Got myself a fuel pod just in case you never know. It's a big shop to fill and can remember it being a lot more appealing when outside owned it. I'm a huge fan of alpkit stuff but don't know if it will appeal to the people who don't know the brand.
ianfitz

Re: Alpkit Shop

Post by ianfitz »

I've not been yet but hope it works for them. There's one in Cumbria coming soon too.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

Went to Alpkit store today to have a look at the Camino Titanium.

Big mistake!

Now I want one even more ........

Staff were very helpful and answered my questions about the changes I would like to make with the bike, no issues.

Change cassette to a 11-42 and have 650b wheels and to put my son 28 Dynamo on. They can do those for me.

Tried size small and a size medium on the track right beside there shop. Gives a good idea how bike behaves on a rough fire road.

I was so tempted to buy more stuff off them but I was very good and only bought some camping food.

So it's back in a couple of weeks to order the bike.

The only one thing I don't like about the bike is the WTB horizon wheels. But the frame should take 2,0 MTB wheels so I'm going to look for some shallow tubeless tread tyres.

https://flickr.com/photos/130449394@N08 ... 0058194504
bearlymoving

Post by bearlymoving »

Staff were very helpful and answered my questions about the changes I would like to make with the bike, no issues.
When I went in a couple of weeks ago they said that the titanium ones are built to order, so they can accommodate tweaks to tyre clearance, changes to mounting bosses, etc.

The look like seriously good value to money to me.
Adventurer

Post by Adventurer »

gma wrote:
When I went in a couple of weeks ago they said that the titanium ones are built to order, so they can accommodate tweaks to tyre clearance, changes to mounting bosses, etc.

The look like seriously good value to money to me.

They can do Titanium frames built to custom order but those start at £200 more. I'm sure thats what they said to me today, so will be buying a stock Titanium.
Please correct me if anyone knows any different.
Richpips

Post by Richpips »

Blag wrote:Anyone else been in the new shop yet. Got myself a fuel pod just in case you never know. It's a big shop to fill and can remember it being a lot more appealing when outside owned it. I'm a huge fan of alpkit stuff but don't know if it will appeal to the people who don't know the brand.
I've been in there on and off the last week or so. It's a big shop, and it is full of most of Alpkit's range of goods though I understand that sales have been brisk, so there may be some stuff out of stock currently.

If you are interested in their bikes, they have a demo fleet there which will allow you to take a bike out and see which bike and size suits you.

Outside still have a shop in Hathersage as do Go Outdoors so there is plenty of choice in the village.