Pink spray paint

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

voodoo_simon

Pink spray paint

Post by voodoo_simon »

So for my daughters 2nd birthday last year, we got her a yellow/green balance bike and at the time, she wasn't bothered by colour.

Roll on 9 months later and she's ready to use it, she's now into pink, pink and pink (thanks to the little girls in pre-school!). In a bid to get her on the bike, what's the best spray paint and lacquer to use?

Was thinking of spraying it pink, adding some glitter and some girly stickers to the frame and then lacquering it over.

Hopefully it will be cheap as I can buy a pink one at trade (but don't want to do this!)
jamiep

Re: Pink spray paint

Post by jamiep »

By the time you have prepped and sprayed, you would be better off spending £30 on a powdercoat. Much more robust too.

I'd use Pastikoate if I was spraying a frame, which I never would
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Check out spray.bike, they do a range of rattle cans specially designed for bikes. They also have a new range of glitter lacquers just out.

I've got a couple of bits to do to my road bike then I'm gonna use it for my commute while I give my rockhopper a tart up with it
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

I'd simply sell the one you have and buy a new one. I can't believe you'll save any money by re-spraying and the finish will be better and longer lasting (which will also affect it's resale value)
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

I'd sticker-ize the funk out of it in suitable shades of pink, glitter, flowers and Barbie. That way if she manages to escape the godawful peer-influence you can revert, ish.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

No idea about paint but ignore and play down the pink princess phase. It will pass!
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

ianfitz wrote:No idea about paint but ignore and play down the pink princess phase. It will pass!

Maybe...
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

If you can be bothered to spend the time ... and I mean lots of time, then you can achieve good results with cans. Trouble is, even cheap automotive cans will set you back more than £30 once you've bought primer, colour, top coat, various grades of paper and rubbing compound. Think I'd buy her some pink lens sunglasses ... so everything looks pink :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
Pirahna

Post by Pirahna »

Pink vinyl wrap. Less than £10 on Ebay and the bike will be like new underneath when it's time to sell it.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Some good ideas, I'll bare these in mind.

The wrap sounds a good option.

Just leaving the bike in the living room for now so she gets used to the idea :-bd

Those shorts ScotRoutes :shock:
ianfitz wrote:No idea about paint but ignore and play down the pink princess phase. It will pass!
Quite like the pink princess thing, it's makes clothing buying very easy and also getting her dressed too :lol: She'll wear anything providing it pink :-bd
johnnystorm

Post by johnnystorm »

voodoo_simon wrote: She'll wear anything providing it pink :-bd
I'm the same. :-bd

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm attending a shoot on Sat in aid of breast cancer, so thought I'd knock up some appropriate arrows for the occasion. Giving them a polish this morning and this post sprang to mind - Although she might be a bit young for archery just yet. :wink:

May the bridges you burn light your way
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

^^^
They're pink, so will be an instant hit* with her

Lovely handiwork there Stu :-bd

*not the best choice of words I'll grant you...