I now have a nemesis!

Share your rides with us.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Blair512

I now have a nemesis!

Post by Blair512 »

Headed out to Over Pawhope bothy with Gill on Friday night, we spent a braw evening in front of the fire, few beers and a snooze on the couch before we hit the sack.

The plan for Saturday was to drive to Durisdeer, ditch the car and cycle up to Kettleton Byre before making our way up to Burlywhag bothy, unfortunately on our way up to Burlywhag a thick fog dropped down on us and I stopped the GPX file half a mile short of the bothy meaning we had no way of finding it and we were wandering aimlessly around trying to find it. We were both wet and cold so I had to make the call to bail back to the car via the road, Gill was spent and there was no way she would have made it back to Kettleton again.

Absolutely gutted to get home and find out how close we were to it, what makes it worse is that it shows the bothy on Dave Barters garmin map but I never thought to check until I got home. I won't settle until I track this bothy down and sleep in it!! Despite the disappointment we still had plenty of fun (type 2 at times), I love that my misses likes to come bothying with me, most woman I know wouldn't even entertain the idea!

Currently sitting still wide awake at 02:30 am after a large Costa to survive the drive home!

rudedog

Re: I now have a nemesis!

Post by rudedog »

We stopped here briefly on a SUW trip a few years back, the place was in a right state then - water ingress had left it damp, mouldy and lots of the wood was rotten. Seemed a shame so would be good to know if it has been restored since.
Blair512

Re: I now have a nemesis!

Post by Blair512 »

rudedog wrote:We stopped here briefly on a SUW trip a few years back, the place was in a right state then - water ingress had left it damp, mouldy and lots of the wood was rotten. Seemed a shame so would be good to know if it has been restored since.
Maybe a good thing we headed home then! We're going back in a couple of weeks to get this one so I'll update after then