Bar light

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

biggaygibbon

Bar light

Post by biggaygibbon »

Getting a new handlebar light. Use a Exposure Diablo helmet mounted. Was thinking Exposure Race or Maxx D for the bar mount. Moving away from A Revo set up coz of new bike. Any experience of the two lights? Only really interested in Exposure.
benp1

Re: Bar light

Post by benp1 »

If it's just those to your looking at, then it's down to price and power (lumens and battery) isn't it?

Maxx D seems a very popular choice

One of the minor things that puts me off Exposure bar lights for bikepacking is I find I often put my light on a bar extender. Having a separate head unit and battery pack means there's less weight on the bar extender so less chance of moving (sometimes has my GPS on it too). Doesn't seem to bother most people though
Scud

Post by Scud »

Are you selling the Revo set up, i've a dynamo wheel to go on Fargo, but need the light and gubbins to go with it?

If so, drop me an email mate. pauljwhitlock at gmail.com

Cheers
Justchris

Post by Justchris »

What about a toro? Usually pick a toro up cheaper than a race for whatever reason.
biggaygibbon

Post by biggaygibbon »

I think as well as light power and battery weight is a real factor. The Race is a good 100g lighter. I know the MaxxD and sixpack are much brighter. But how much light do you need?! I like the Exposure stuff. Fit and forget and no faff with cables and wotnot. I don't have too much gear on the bars so space not really an issue. I think I am leaning towards the Race - cheaper and lighter and similar burn times to the bigger units, just less bright.
biggaygibbon

Post by biggaygibbon »

I am selling the Revo set up - but with the front wheel. Don't really want to split it.
mountainbaker

Post by mountainbaker »

I've had an Exposure Toro for years, it's bloody great.
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

Equinox Mk7 and Toro Mk6 here. Great for me. Toro could be for sale at the right price ;) would replace with Mk8.
tommid

Post by tommid »

I have a Race MK11 I got it for a bargain price.
Its small light and can run for 36 hours. I didn't want one of the bigger lights as I don't want a too brighter light, as if I want day light I will ride during the day.
Charge times are not as fast as I'd like, but I love everything about it otherwise.
biggaygibbon

Post by biggaygibbon »

Got the Toro Mk8. Cheers.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

biggaygibbon wrote:Got the Toro Mk8. Cheers.
Glad you are sorted.

I borrowed a toro and a 6 pack for relentless from the 18 Bikes try-before-you-buy collection.

The seemed similar brightness TBH. I think because although the 6 pack had waaay more lumins a lot of them shine off to the side. Whereas the toro beam is narrower, but not too narrow!

I'd happily get a toro if I was moving away from a dyno set up. And will continue to borrow the toro in future (likely for the B150) until I eventually end up buying one