WTD: Brooks Cambium

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ian

WTD: Brooks Cambium

Post by Ian »

Need to replace my saddle after a friend pointed out my rails were sagging. I've seen a few Cambiums go on here, and have been tempted though not actually in need of one.

Now I actually need one... does anyone have one they'd like to move on?

Cheers
ianfitz

Re: WTD: Brooks Cambium

Post by ianfitz »

Ian wrote:Need to replace my saddle after a friend pointed out my rails were sagging. I've seen a few Cambiums go on here, and have been tempted though not actually in need of one.

Now I actually need one... does anyone have one they'd like to move on?

Cheers
Probably for sale - I've got a C15 in black (thinks they call it slate) very little use. Not really broken in yet. Despite what broke say they do gain a little extra flexibility after a bit of use.

Need to think about what's going on what bike so if you get another offer then go for it...
vorlich

Post by vorlich »

I've got a c17 in natural. I can dig out a photo if you're interested.
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

Check the bargain alerts, a shop was selling them half price
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks all.

Ian, I'll try the C15 in slate if you do sell it. I didn't think to mention colour, but natural doesn't quite suit the bike
(yes, I know I'm a tart :roll: :lol: )
ctznsmith

Post by ctznsmith »

Ian the black ones end up very grey in colour.

Vorlich do you still have it (a photo would be nice) and how much were you looking for?
Ian

Post by Ian »

Can anyone tell me which of the C13, C15, C17 models compare to a Charge Spoon or Knife in terms of width?

My Charge Knife was black once, until I wore all the black off to reveal grey...
tommid

Post by tommid »

Hi Ian, I'd say the C13 and C15 are similar.
I have a C15 for sale if you'd like slate grey fairly little use, but has test written on it in black pen (It was a tester from a local LBS that closed down, I think I was the only person to ever test it and subsequently bought it.). Its yours for £50 posted which is what I paid for it

ImageUntitled by Tom Middleton, on Flickr
NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

I was a spoon saddle person until I moved onto the C15 and have never looked back. so I would say C15 is the best option but see below.

The C15 just works FOR ME and I love it. was one of the first on the Cambium bandwagon and have been loving them ever since. They do get more flexible with time (and temperature). But and this is a big but... for use as an off-road saddle in sandy/gritty/sloppy mud conditions, you will ware out the canvas quite quickly (well, this is what i have found, riding in South Wales). The durability is just not there for the type of condition's I ride in.

I love the C15 on the road and the CX bike. I love it on the long bikepacking trips (my go to saddle) but its just too expensive to destroy on the local 3 hour rides in the woods.

I am not the only one that finds the top cover gets warn quick quickly, having said that, Brooks will send you a new cover FOC apparently (according to some threads on the inter webs), no personal experience with this myself..

Love the spoon for the mud or a Bontrager Covee, love the C15 for everything else and bikepacking duties.
SRS

Post by SRS »

Ian wrote:Can anyone tell me which of the C13, C15, C17 models compare to a Charge Spoon or Knife in terms of width?
Charge Knife: 145mm
C13: 132mm
C15: 140mm
C17: 162mm

I looked into this a while ago and the C15 shape / profile (front to back) is closer to the Knife than the Spoon - see below (Knife, C15, Spoon and for comparison the Fabric Scoop - shallow - which is 142mm wide)

NorwayCalling

Post by NorwayCalling »

Nice pictures - but the thing to remember is the C15 is very flexible so will "sag" and not have the flat looking profile in use.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Although the c13 is now available in various widths
vorlich

Post by vorlich »

C15 definitely closest to the Charge - hence me selling my C17.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Cheers for all the input chaps :-bd

I've gone and bought Ian Fitz's slate C15.