Any good?

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

JohnClimber

Any good?

Post by JohnClimber »

I'm after a light weight light of this power with a small battery for my CX bike on tarmac or solo evening rides off road.

What do the light experts make of this light (with the small battery pack) http://chilli-tech.com/content/960-lume ... -mode-dip/

If it's any good would anyone going to the Winter Event who likes the look of it and wants to go halves (2 for £31 each plus split the £4.99 carriage)
rufus748

Re: Any good?

Post by rufus748 »

I had one of these a couple of years ago (not from chilli but off of eBay)
Great little light, although the rear switch would be fiddly with gloves.
A quick look on eBay and for about £15 inc delivery (from the UK) you can get the newer version. Search '1800 lumen', it's not that bright (a slight exaggeration!) but they are a good cheap light.
Mine lasted ages before I took it apart to see if I could run it off my Dynamo.........
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Cheers Rufus

You're so right for under £20 delivered there's this one
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/2016-CREE-XML-L ... Ciid%253A2

Although the battery is claimed to be of a higher power it's around the same size don't you think?
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

I had one of these a couple of years ago (not from chilli but off of eBay)
Great little light, although the rear switch would be fiddly with gloves.
A quick look on eBay and for about £15 inc delivery (from the UK) you can get the newer version. Search '1800 lumen', it's not that bright (a slight exaggeration!) but they are a good cheap light.
Mine lasted ages before I took it apart to see if I could run it off my Dynamo.........
rufus748

Post by rufus748 »

Yup, looks just the same as mine.
Multiple beam options.
It was a nice little light.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yep, I have one, few years old now, so not sure exact spec, but nice n bright, not run battery out in one ride, def great value.
Sarah
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Thanks to Rufus my ebay version of the light turned up today costing under £20 and it's belter.

Ebay link
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172009842243

What comes in the kit.

And how dinky it is next to my normal night riding light

In the darkest corner of the garage it's bloody bright, not exposure bright but I didn't want it for that.

Edit. I've just used it on my evening dog walk and the main beam was too bright, perfect for Singletrack riding. Used it on the 2nd and lowest settings on the walk.