An old company jumps on the bandwagon

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Re: An old company jumps on the bandwagon

Post by GregMay »

Holy bump from the past Batman!

I've one of the new framebags on test - it was supposed to go to Belgium this weekend with me...but trains, ferry and then the race at Koksijde got cancelled. So I didn't get quite the test on it I'd have liked.

First impressions:
  • It's narrow - in a good way. But if you like to overfill your bag to the point where it is bursting...this is not the bag for you.
    Odd zip - T-Zips are always a bit of a faff, waterproof certainly, but super stiff. Hoping it'll ease off, but my experiences with drysuits - it probably won't.
    Zip related - can't open it with one hand as there is no loop across the headtube....quite annoying already. I tend to use framebags to stow kit I want while riding. Possibly just me?
    Material - bombproof. I'd have expected nothing less.
    Size - hmm... the large is ... not so large. Feels like it'd fit more traditional MTB style sloping frames rather than my Cutthroat, Fargo or Escapade better. Will report back.
ImageL1010595.jpg by Greg.May, on Flickr

ImageL1010596.jpg by Greg.May, on Flickr

ImageL1010597.jpg by Greg.May, on Flickr

Will get a few more rides in then report back.
atk

Post by atk »

GregMay wrote:Zip related - can't open it with one hand as there is no loop across the headtube....quite annoying already. I tend to use framebags to stow kit I want while riding. Possibly just me?
Not just you...

What's the thing that looks like a loop by the top of the zip? Shown round the headtube here...

Last edited by atk on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Size - hmm... the large is ... not so large. Feels like it'd fit more traditional MTB style sloping frames rather than my Cutthroat, Fargo or Escapade better. Will report back.
Odd, I've found the seatpack and bar bag to be massive - the seatpack almost too large to use on occasion without resorting to stuffing it with unwanted items or bubblewrap :wink:

EDIT: Without seeing one in the flesh it's difficult to be sure but it does look like you've got a cheap suitcase from Bury market strapped to your frame - the kind of thing my mum takes on coach trips :wink:
May the bridges you burn light your way
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Aye, the seatpack is huge - the framebag, not so much. No more luggage like than any other framebag really.

ATK - the loop is for putting the T-zip into.