FS: Rocky Mountain Blizzard fat bike (Large / 19")

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

AlasdairMc

FS: Rocky Mountain Blizzard fat bike (Large / 19")

Post by AlasdairMc »

Due to an incoming purchase, I'm selling my Rocky Mountain Blizzard fat bike. This was one of the first 'trail' fat bikes, and it's a lot of fun to ride.

It's a 19" frame, perfect sized for 6ft 0 me with a 50mm stem.

It's the original Deore model, but with a few changes/upgrades:

Fork: carbon unbranded ICAN to replace the aluminium lump it was supplied with. This took a pound off the weight and made the ride a lot comfier, but I can supply the original as well if requested.

Brakes: XT M786
Rear derailleur/shifter - currently sporting a Deore but I'll throw in XT for both
Drivetrain - Raceface fat bike crankset with an 11-36 Deore cassette. The drivetrain is probably quite worn, so I'll chuck in an unused 32T Superstar Narrow Wide, XT chain and a wide range 11-42 Sunrace cassette. Bottom bracket will be newly installed Shimano HT2.

Wheels - Sun Ringle Mulefut 80mm, rear hub has been replaced under warranty for the frankly much better Sun Ringle option which is noisier than a Hope with good engagement. Tyres are 4.7" Vee Bulldozers, currently set up tubeless

I noticed today that it has an Anything Cage mount on the down tube, and there are also bolts under the top tube for a frame bag (which I didn't get around to buying)

I've got some approx. 720mm FSA Gravity carbon wrap bars, saddle and seatpost are stock.

I'm looking for £900 but open to offers. Preferably local pickup/dropoff (Edinburgh and surrounds) but I could post with a big enough box at buyer's cost.

ImageUntitled by 22alasdair, on Flickr

One small paint chip on the chain stay, the rest of the bike seems to be fine with condition commensurate with usage
Last edited by AlasdairMc on Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AlasdairMc

Re: FS: Rocky Mountain Blizzard fat bike (Large / 19")

Post by AlasdairMc »

Now includes photos