wtd, 29'' hubed wheel. rohloff, alfine, anything

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ton

wtd, 29'' hubed wheel. rohloff, alfine, anything

Post by ton »

looking for a good quality 29'' hubed rear wheel. rohloff would be vaguely exciting, alfine 11 would be perfect, alfine 8 would suffice.

anyone?
ianfitz

Re: wtd, 29'' hubed wheel. rohloff, alfine, anything

Post by ianfitz »

Having owned an Alfine 11 perfect is not a word is have used to describe it. Bag of sub standard that needs adjusting ever 10 miles would be the polite version.

But if you want a versa 11 speed drop bar shifter to go with it do let me know.
Cheeky Monkey

Post by Cheeky Monkey »

Ian, is it your old Singular Swift w.Alfine 11 I brought from Barney (used to be BRIGHT orange)? I maybe haven't given it as much riding as maybe you did but so far it's been running fine. Weird :???:

The one on the lad's 26er is also running fine. Admittedly light-ish use with an occasionally cycling 11 year old.
Artie Fufkin

Post by Artie Fufkin »

Tony,
Ive got a recently serviced Alfine 11sp. complete with rapid fire style shifter, cable, anti turn washers, cassette joint and a selection of sprockets.
Silver and 32 hole. It is currently not in a wheel although could build it into a rim for you if you wish.
Give us a shout, fella!
Adam.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

Cheeky Monkey wrote:Ian, is it your old Singular Swift w.Alfine 11 I brought from Barney (used to be BRIGHT orange)? I maybe haven't given it as much riding as maybe you did but so far it's been running fine. Weird :???:

The one on the lad's 26er is also running fine. Admittedly light-ish use with an occasionally cycling 11 year old.
Not that one no. Mine was one of the first and was on a bike which had poor cable routing. I think that was part of the problem.
royAB

Post by royAB »

Hi Ton

If you're still looking, I've an Alfine 11, black / Stans ZTR Arch 29". Shifter, various washers to fit most dropout configs. Around five years old, but not a massive number of miles on it.

Best