FS, Jones 29er.

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Gari

FS, Jones 29er.

Post by Gari »

Bit of a bump for the new year. Still for sale.

Reluctantly selling my Jones due to ongoing health issues. It is currently built half fat, with a 29 rear wheel.
It has been built up from a frameset, with individual parts rather than buying a groupset etc. Built for reliability, with a fat front it is amazing what it is capable of as a rigid bike, even with me at the helm(when I could ride the steep anyhow!) I am happy to cover postage if required, though I would prefer the buyer to come view it if possible.
The frame has the usual marks associated with using framebags etc, plus there is a chainsuck mark on the RH chainstay, close to the front chainring. I am back home on on Monday and will add some pics on Tue morning.

At this stage I would rather sell it as a complete bike, though I would consider splitting and selling the frame/fork/CK HS/front wheel as a rolling frameset. The rest I would keep to build onto a frame that is due for repair over the winter.
Current build is:
Diamond frome/Unicrown fork with CK headset
Hope BB with Surly MrWhirly chainset,28t Middleburn hardcoat inner ring, plus middle/outer spider. 165mm
White Ind MI6/Salsa Gordo/ 11-40 Praxis cassette
Jones135/Jones 50mm front wheel
Zee rear mech/shifter
Thomson stem/post
Jones 660mm Loop bars
BB7 calipers/XT levers
Saddle would just be a Madison Flux given how personal saddles are.
I can include some SPDs if wanted, otherwise left ready to install your preference.

It is currently running a HD 2.4 on the rear, Surly Nate on the front. both pretty worn but still ok I have a spare
Kenda Juggernaut 4in and a couple of spare fat tubes too.

£1100 for the complete bike.

Last edited by Gari on Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
redefined_cycles

Re: FS, Jones 29er.

Post by redefined_cycles »

If only I had the money and the space...
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

redefined_cycles wrote:If only I had the money and the space...
This!
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

I'm intrigued, but I'm firmly in the one out, one in camp at the moment as I've completely run out of space. I can't justify getting rid of anything in the fleet either.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Your more than welcome to take it for a spin over the holidays if you have the time to come up at all.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Thanks for the offer Gari, but if I'm honest I can't see myself getting rid of any of my other bikes to accommodate it. I'm only 3 months into my most recent purchase (Stooge SS), so it stays, and everything else gets regular use.
Gari

Post by Gari »

Bump for the new year.