Wanted - Bivvy Bag!

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Zippy

Wanted - Bivvy Bag!

Post by Zippy »

I've dragged my partner out on a couple of bivvies now, and now she wants to bring a friend along! I’ve got my borah bivvy, and I just lend her my hunka. The hunka’s fine, but the plan is Colleen gets her own and I lend my hunka to her friend. A hunka XL would be fine as it’s a bit bigger than the hunka and Colleen was finding htta if her mat is inside the bivvy and then she goe son her side, it compresses her sleeping bag.

Hunka XL’s seem to be out of stock now. I’ve lost trackk of the market of what’s about etc. good deals etc. etc. Can anyone recommend anything – to be honest, a waterproof one probably isn’t what we want as she’s highly unlikely to be out in anything that requires it…and it will just compromise breathability which would be preferable.

So if anyone has anything to sell – or can point us in the direction of something good, let me know!

(on a side note, I may try and get a new version of my borah with a non sil base as it’s far too slidey!)
middleagedmadness

Re: Wanted - Bivvy Bag!

Post by middleagedmadness »

Got a borah argon 67 the other month zip ,think it cost £115 including customs charges , not used it yet as used my helium last month so can't comment how slippy the base is ,will be out with it next week so will let you know , only thing in my head is it feels quite fragile compared to the helium ( probably why it's nearly 400g lighter)
Stu linked to somewhere in Europe selling borah now but the price seems very similar to what I paid just don't think you'd have the 6-7 week wait though
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Borah in the EU: https://www.outdoorline.sk/en/bivys-and-liners

I sometimes use a Mountain Equipment Ion. Mine's the older version (with a window of all things) but they're very light, pack small and breath well. Rated as 1500HH and taped seams which makes them waterproof but only just, obviously the upside is increased breathability. I had a quick look on-line and the price isn't bad - £69 here. https://www.barrabes.com/en-gb/mountain ... GwEALw_wcB
May the bridges you burn light your way
benp1

Post by benp1 »

I use an ex army one as a lender. It's way heavier than the lightweight ones but it's far more robust and very spacious. If I lended a more fancy one out I'd be worried it might get killed (have been on the receiving end of having lent a tent and received it back broken)
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

The hunka is my lender, this new "fancier" (but not too fancy) one is for Colleen to buy herself and keep herself!

Thanks for links norm. :-bd
Mart

Post by Mart »

Ive got a Borah with a letterbox window of bug mesh and an L shaped zip to help get in and out - PM me if your interested Zippy
2924 miles per Gallon
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Momentum 90 top? And what's the base? I love my borah, just the silnylon base is well slidey! (I haven't got round to pasting diluted down silicone mastic on it yet...
Mart

Post by Mart »

Zippy - Found the email when I ordered it. it said

- M90 Fabric
- Regular length / Regular width
- Zip required on LEFT
- Reduced netting in the hood
- Stake loops at corners

Doesn't say what the base is made from (Black coloured) - like you say slippy :lol:
2924 miles per Gallon
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

More importantly I think we need an explanation, how did you persuade TWO women to come our with you.
No offence implied :wink:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Cheers, I have passed these on :-bd
BigdummySteve wrote:More importantly I think we need an explanation, how did you persuade TWO women to come our with you.
I genuinely have no idea!
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

BigdummySteve wrote:More importantly I think we need an explanation, how did you persuade TWO women to come our with you.
He's only persuaded one, his partner persuaded t'other.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

That would be an accurate statement of affairs!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Zippy wrote:I've dragged my partner out on a couple of bivvies now, and now she wants to bring a friend along!
I don't think you're old enough to have watched Friends when it was on... but ask someone older what happened to Ross when his wife wanted to bring a friend along :lol:

(No offence intended - just couldn't help myself)
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

sean_iow wrote:
Zippy wrote:I've dragged my partner out on a couple of bivvies now, and now she wants to bring a friend along!
I don't think you're old enough to have watched Friends when it was on... but ask someone older what happened to Ross when his wife wanted to bring a friend along :lol:

(No offence intended - just couldn't help myself)
:lol:

I am plenty old enough to remember that, I was watching it all when it was aired at the time (and since have binge watched the whole set a couple of times now.)
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Just had a email off trekkinn zip , outdoor research have reduced the weight of the helium and their gortex bivis plus they have a couple of new ones out this spring , complete shelter for around 500g
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

So last night we won an ebay auction for a Mountain Hardware Conduit SL bivy, we’ll see what it’s like.

On another note, as an alternative to the ex army surplus bivvy bags, there’s a mountain warehouse one gore-tex esque one ebay for £22.99 & currently an extra 10% off with an ebay code that pops up.
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Is that the hooped version Zip? I recall they did two sorts.
May the bridges you burn light your way
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

no hoop.

I'm quite interested in testing it out myself actually.
firestarter

Post by firestarter »

I nearly bid on that zippy but the zip was on the opposite side to my doss bag