A selection of forks

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

A selection of forks

Post by Retiredtester »

Somehow I've accumulated far too many pairs of (mainly road) forks. Help me out. All prices include UK postage, but Sussex collection welcome for a fiver less. If you think I'm off with the pricing, make me an offer. And drop me a line if you've any questions.

Reynolds 531 steel fork. 247mm threaded 1" steerer, 700c canti bosses & mudguard eyes. Originally from an early 90s Orbit tandem. Newly powder coated in a rather striking burgundy (wrong colour, don't ask) as part of a restoration of said tandem, only to be swapped out for a unicrown monstrosity with V brake & disc bosses. I annoyingly managed to scrape the paint on one side of the crown when filing paint off the crown race seat, so hat will need touching up or covering. £30

Blue alloy winter training fork. Bombproof & very stiff. 295mm non-threaded, non-tapered 11/8" steerer & mudguard eyes. Couple of scrapes here & there. Used as a temporary replacement on a winter frame & might do someone a similar job? £15

Black Boardman full carbon disc 700c fork. Really nice, lightweight fork from my Boardman CX Team cross bike. 236mm non-threaded, tapered carbon steerer with mudguard eyes and disc brake post mounts. Single fixing near crown for hydraulic hose. Standard 100mm QR dropouts. Some light rubbing from gear cables near the crown race seat, but generally very good condition. Only swapped out as I needed a fork-crown light mount and didn't fancy drilling it! £45

Generic Chinese full carbon bladed fork. Very light fork that came on a Chinese factory-direct import a few years ago. 225mm non-threaded, tapered carbon steerer. No mudguard eyes. Matt black UD carbon finish (no weave). Few little scuffs here & there, but generally good condition. £30

Another generic Chinese full carbon bladed fork... Similar to the one above, but the carbon weave finish rather than UD. 283mm non-threaded, tapered carbon steerer. No mudguard eyes.No real marks to speak of - looks like it's had very little use. £30

And finally, a very much trimmed-down full carbon Boardman bladed fork. 162mm non-threaded, non-tapered 1 1/8" carbon steerer - this has been inexpertly cut by me, and 162mm is what you'll end up with once it's been trimmed level. Used with an adapter in a very small frame with a tapered head tube, but I've since found a more suitable tapered fork. Few scuffs here and there, including to one of the decals, but good overall condition. £20