WTD - speedplay cleats

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

WTD - speedplay cleats

Post by Borderer »

I know this is a bit 'roadie' but does anyone have a set of speedplay cleats they would want to sell? I have done my knee in and I think my Look Keo's might bear some of the blame. I have a set of Speedplay zero pedals I picked up on eBay a while ago, but no cleats to try them with.

Cheers
spindicator

Re: WTD - speedplay cleats

Post by spindicator »

The cleats are almost bigger than the pedals. A few people I know have had issues from road pedals. It’s usually the lack of float. Look Keo have a cleat with more float but my recommendation goes to MTB pedals like Shimano SPD and I believe Time MTB have a lot of float. Bonus is that you won’t have to look like a duck on ice when going for a quick pint on your cycle :)
Lazarus

Post by Lazarus »

time pedals have loads of float - you can actually slide your foot sideways in them
I have a dodgy left knee and shimano used to give me grief

Bit pricey though compared to shimano

If its temporary - ie for the winter- i can lend you a set to see if you get on with them
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Thanks for the offer Lazarus, that's really kind. Let me keep looking for some speedplay cleats for a bit and if not I will get back to you.
Cheers
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Is it the really old 1st gen Zeros with no float limit? If so I have a pair of cleats as my original pedals got trashed on a bad crash a while back.

My new Speedplay cleats failed yesterday; crack in the ring-spring part. Cheapest replacements I could find where £50. Nice pedals for the road and loads of float, but stupid money!
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Are you saying you have some for sale ZDB?

I am not sure what pedals I have tbh. Speedplay Zero of some sort but I don't know how to tell which generation.
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

Yes, but they will only work with Gen 1 Zeros.

Not sure how to tell the difference precisely, but if you send me a phot of your pedals I can see if they look more like the old or new version!
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Nice one thanks. I won't be able to do that til the weekend but will try to remember then. Cheers