Genetic Digest bars

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Retiredtester

Genetic Digest bars

Post by Retiredtester »

Bought them hoping they'd be the answer to my prayers, but they're not. I think I've just used standard road drops for too long to manage the change, and the idea of climbing without being able to use the hoods terrifies me.

Fitted once, so some small marks around the stem clamp area, but never used. They're the 440mm wide version (measured where the flare starts, I believe). Can take some photos if required, but they're essentially brand new.

£30 posted. (with the caveat that I'm away until next Sunday, so they won't get posted until Monday 20th).
restlessshawn

Re: Genetic Digest bars

Post by restlessshawn »

Why can't you use the hoods? I don't understand why some people are so bemused by flared drops :wink:
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

I just couldn't work them out - with the drops in a comfy position, and the levers where I could reach them from the drops, the hoods were way too low and far forward to be any use climbing.

Almost certainly not helped by the fact that, even with a +17 degree stem and plenty of headset spacers, the bars are still a fair bit lower than the saddle. It's a cross bike, and the geometry is more road than mtb, so that may well also be an issue. Either way, I can't get on with them and, equally importantly, I now realise the dirt drop aesthetic is not for me.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Can't remember are these the narrow version or the wider ones like I already have soz?
Retiredtester

Post by Retiredtester »

Mike wrote:Can't remember are these the narrow version or the wider ones like I already have soz?
They're the narrower ones - think they also do a 480?