Surly 1x1 complete - large

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

ad3000

Surly 1x1 complete - large

Post by ad3000 »

adly selling another Surly, this one has been a favourite, with a cool retroish look to it.

Pics available at this google drive link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FP410 ... VnMTSTt_Jd

Spec:

Surly 1×1 frame and fork (mk1), black, large, cable stops removed, cane creek headset

Hope pro2 hubs on mavic 317 disc. The freehub body is a bid chewed as is usual, but fine for singlespeed cogs.

New maxxis pace tyres – folding with silkshield protection. Apparently these go up well tubeless, but the rims aren’t taped so haven’t tried.

Deore cranks with E13 34T chainring, running to 16T DMR cog. Just serviced pawls and bearings on rear so all running smooth. Surly bottom bracket (they are good!). Cranks have heel rub.

Surly 1×1 bars with xt brakes, E13 grips I think, connected via a raceface 60mm stem. This is good for me at 6ft, anyone taller I can put a 90mm raceface stem on for a bit more reach.

Generic seat post, clamp and saddle, the saddle is super comfy.

Only drawback is the chrome on the bolts on the stem face plate is a bit tarnished, and the front tube is latex which has a wider valve than most presta valves so had to remove that little grommit that keeps them weather out. Oh and pedals won’t be included.

Overall, a nice and versatile ride, you can put 27.5 wheels in this problem, and also run gears with a universal hanger or chaingtug hanger (the problem solvers’ one is good). They arer most fun when setup with 26+ tyres but am keeping that wheelset for my other 1×1.

I will throw in a couple of chain tugs to help with chain tensioning;

I am based in cambridge and would prefer collection at £425, or postage at £450. Buyer would pay the paypal fees.