SOLD Crikey, how much (!) Brevet Insulated Gilet, XL, Navy, used once

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

InspiredRamblings

SOLD Crikey, how much (!) Brevet Insulated Gilet, XL, Navy, used once

Post by InspiredRamblings »

I know, I know, its Crikey, how much, but the thing is, I like gilets for core warmth and this one adds a bit of insulation that still works when its wet. The only issue I had with this is that I'm kind of between sizes and this first one I bought was too big but I didn't decide this until after having used it for the Dunwich Dynamo. Thats the only time I've used it - I bought a Large straight after, keeping the XL in case the L was too small, and then never got round to trying to return the XL to them, or sell it. So, its about 8 months old and has been used for one overnight ride (and then washed ;-)).

For size understanding - I'm just under 6 foot tall with decent shoulders but no belly, which meant this was a little flappy around the body. If you're a little more portly, it will probably fit. It has stretchy mesh sides to give ventilation and help provide a snug fit over other layers.

I know the photos don't show it but it is navy, not black (though its close).

They are £130 new, so...£80 posted?

Last edited by InspiredRamblings on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsa Horsethief XT (2020)
Jamis Dragonslayer (2016)

http://www.uninspiredramblings.com
InspiredRamblings

Re: Expensive hipster brand (!) Brevet Insulated Gilet, XL,

Hahahahahhaha.... I didn't realise you had an automatic find and replace set up for R A P H A.... :-)

ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I have one of these. And no problem admitting to it! :wink:

They are excellent, really good.
InspiredRamblings

ianfitz wrote:I have one of these. And no problem admitting to it! :wink:

They are excellent, really good.
I remember reading something that you'd written about them somewhere, which finally convinced me to try one!

redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Crikey, how much gear is utterly amazing... expensive (but so is a Travis Prong fork and Smoove chain lube... Thing they all have in commong is that they all do what it says on the tin.

Had a yellow hardshell jacket and reproofed it. A few days later it developed a fault with the zip. I contacted them and they returned it with a voucher of almost £250... Thing is it was around 2 years old but they asked not a single question...

If I were to buy another hardshell jacket though I'd pribably go for Stolen Goat. Most of my Crikey, how much gear is purchased used from fleabay or similar. One fella I met through it sold me a few items saying he wss making the jump to SG... Reviews and impressions look amazing and a fraction of the price of Arcteryx/Crikey, how much etc...

NB. Pls dont shoot me (and sorry for hogging the thread).

Perfect size for me and I'd have bought but money flow is currently a bit of an issue at the mo. GLWTS