SOLD Trekker Stealth 1.5 tent

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Borderer

SOLD Trekker Stealth 1.5 tent

Post by Borderer »

Selling our Trekker Stealth 1.5 as the boy and I have outgrown it. It would be a great tent for one person or one + small child. It would do two skinny adults in a push. It fits two Exped tapered mats with a small amount to spare down the sides. It will not fit two oblong Exped mats (but it will fit one, of course).

It comes with a full set of Stu's carbon fibre poles (worth £68 alone). £150 posted if paid by Paypal friends. Weight is 744g on my scales in the silnylon stuff sack, plus 127g for the poles. This is not too different to carrying a tarp and bivvy bag but you get full bug, slug and rain protection. Packs into a single bag that is roughly 22cm x 13cm x 13cm. Comes with guylines and linelocs but no pegs (8 required). The poles can of course also be used for a tarp setup. The longest section of the poles is 43cm so they will easily strap to your crossbar, which was how I carried them. I will include two of Stu's pole-a-bear feet which are essential to stop the poles sinking into soft ground.

It is the same as this one: but in grey not green. It is the silnylon version.

http://www.trekkertent.com/home/home/17 ... nt-15.html

It has some very minor damage though - I put it up once with the front pole at an angle which caused it to break at one of the joints. The pole was returned to BearBones Towers for a full repair and has been used fine ever since. When it snapped I had to bodge together a splint to see us through our trip and this failed a couple more times. The upshot of this is that the tip of the pole made two very small holes in the porch part of the flysheet, but they don't cause it to leak as far as I have been aware. I tried to seal them up with seam sealant but I didn't have the right stuff to stick to the silnylon. I tried to photo them but they are too small to see - maybe 5-10mm each. They are over the porch anyway and not the main body of the tent. I also cut the stuffsack down to make it more compact and resewed it back together at the end. I am not the best at needlework though so this is a bit squint - you might want to resew this. The inner tent floor area has been dotted with seam sealant so that you don't slip around when not pitched completely level.

We found this to be a great tent for bikepacking but less so for touring which is probably what we do more of. After a week or more in it I began to feel the limitations of the size. It also did build up a fair amount of condensation but I think that was probably down to having two of us in there. If used by one person it would be much less I'm sure. It pitches fly first which is useful if you stop in a downpour. You can also use it as a tarp type arrangement without the inner, or the inner can be used on its own in fine weather. It can be used without the poles if you hang it from trees. The porch holds a surprising amount of stuff - all your bikepacking bags anyway, and plenty of space for helmets and shoes down the sides. The blue tarp in this photo is not included - I would suggest getting a bit of tyvek type stuff and cutting a triangle out to use as a groundsheet.
17239677_10211177106639683_6554900737253544414_o.jpg
17239677_10211177106639683_6554900737253544414_o.jpg (602.64 KiB) Viewed 1317 times
Last edited by Borderer on Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Borderer

Re: FS Trekker Stealth 1.5 tent

Post by Borderer »

Reduced to £130.
Cheers
Borderer

Re: SOLD Trekker Stealth 1.5 tent

Post by Borderer »

Now sold.