FS: 6 seater LWB Vauxhall Vivaro race van / camper

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Al

FS: 6 seater LWB Vauxhall Vivaro race van / camper

Post by Al »

Not strictly bikepacking kit, but this has been the start and finishing point for many bike adventures. A reluctant sale, may be of interest to people on here.
PM me if you’re interested/ want pics.

£8500

LWB 2.0l 6 speed 115bhp turbo diesel.

65,633 miles.

Sportive trim, so has front fogs, electric windows and air con.

Lovely to drive - quick and economical, especially on long motorway drives.

Regularly serviced, has recently had 2 new tyres, engine battery and starter motor ready for winter.
MOT was done in September with no advisories.

Has been converted into a "day van":

Opening rear windows with limo-tint privacy glass.
Second row of seats professionally fitted by Vehicle Conversions, Diss.
Front double seat swivels 180° to make comfortable seating area (Kira Vans swivel base).
Fully insulated with thermo-acoustic insulation and carpeted with automotive trim.
Roof bars and matching lockable alloy roof rack bars (included).
New 110ah leisure battery with intelligent charging relay
LED downlights and multiple USB / 12v sockets
Kenwood DAB stereo with bluetooth hands free kit and iPod / iPhone connectivity.
In rear there is built in storage over wheel arch (near side) and a bench which houses the leisure battery, intelligent charging really and more storage (offside).

There is space for 4' x 6' double mattress without moving seating. Included is a removable mattress in 2 sections, made from dense upholstery foam and covered in dark brown fabric. This allows you to have a full width double or a wide single and still have room for a bike.

There are 3 small dings on the off side panel where it has been caught by a car door and a light scratch near one of the door handles - all very minor / cosmetic.

Has mainly been used for family camping trips as it has a huge load space which carries several bikes, our tipi and all the camping junk you end up taking with 3 young kids with ease. Also great as an occasional camper or race van when we go away without the kids. Leisure battery has plenty of capacity to run a fridge (not included) for many days when we're away.

Genuine and reluctant sale as house move requires a 4x4 to get up and down the ridiculous 1 in 3 track.

Any questions - text or email me. If wanting to view, the van is kept near Attleborough in Norfolk.
Zippy

Re: FS: 6 seater LWB Vauxhall Vivaro race van / camper

Post by Zippy »

FlatlandAl wrote: 2.0l 6 speed 115bhp turbo diesel.
No way is that 'race' van spec! I reckon a fiat 500 would have that, and they're sloooow. :wink:
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the term 'race van' refers to the vans people stay in on racetracks while there to race motorbikes, cars or whatever.
It doesn't have to be fast - just parked :wink:
Al

Post by Al »

ok - let me clarify

I'd don't race the van, but have used it to travel to bike events / races.
It carries lots of bikes and people, its nice to drive, cheap to run and comfy to sleep in.
A Ferrari it is not.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

OK, let me clarify. I was making a crap joke… If you want a race van, you’re probs better off with an engine swap – popular simple ones are astra vxr in an astra van and clio 172 in a kangoo for those after a car derived van, for a bigger one, iirc you can fit the 3.5L v6 duratec engine into the transit or just go crate engine and whack an LS into it – but that’s a bit more involved! Personally, fast estate is where it’s at…

Apologies to anyone who took me seriously!
Fat tyre kicker

Post by Fat tyre kicker »

:lol: :lol: :lol: