WTD: Kids 24" Wheel Bike

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

mh24

WTD: Kids 24" Wheel Bike

Post by mh24 »

Hi Groovers, Has anyone got a kids 24" wheel bike (boys) that they would like to sell on in time for Christmas. My 9 year old needs something to replace his spesh hot rock 20. Any offers let me know. M
Nick

Re: WTD: Kids 24" Wheel Bike

Post by Nick »

Hi, I have such a bike available...

The good:

Frame - Woodman D - great quality with sliding dropouts, takes 24-26" wheels, cost about $700 when new! 1.5" headtube, not tapered.

Forks - Rockshox Revelation straight steerer, nice and smooth, serviced a few times by me, only issue is a few marks on the lowers and the blue compression dial has vanished (but you can still adjust it easily without it).

Brakes - Hope Mono Mini 2004 vintage, came with my Orange 5, will need bleeding, levers a bit scratched, but still nice brakes. I have some spare pads and a seal kit lying around.

Rear Mech - Shimano XT, Front and shifters are deore, 9 speed, all perfectly servicable.

The not so good:

Frame arrived to me with shagged bottom bracket threads, so I've put in a square taper BB that tightens against the frame, which to get it to screw together required a bit of fettling to the bb shell, but in all honesty a square taper is fine for a kid (and most of us really) and has never come loose or creaked.

The rear wheel freewheel bearings are dry and rumble a bit, and don't appear servicable, its been like it since I had the wheel off a mate 5 years ago and the bike has done Llandegla, Cannock etc many times with no issues.

Cranks are cheap 155mm jobs, work fine, look a bit meh. I have got a pair of Deore Sqr taper 175mm cranks I think, so if that's a deal breaker it can be fixed.

£125 ono

I'm in Shropshire, where are you?
mh24

Re: WTD: Kids 24" Wheel Bike

Post by mh24 »

Thanks Nick. We are in Devon !!! Will take a closer look and chat with the other half etc. Looks a nice bike though.