Orbea Occam Trail M30 Large

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Scott L

Orbea Occam Trail M30 Large

Post by Scott L »

The Orbea Occam Trail is an extremely capable bike. Equally at home on the XC Race circuit as it is on steep technical trails. It also makes a fantastic Bike packing bike, I had Beth at Wildcat make a costume frame bag and the main triangle is pretty spacious! The HT550 fastest known time is on a carbon 29er full sus after all...

A proper all round mountain bike. 120 mm of travel with boost spacing front and rear ensures the bike is stiff and supportive for aggressive riding but still light enough for climbing thanks to the lightweight carbon frame. Very similar in design to bikes like the Santa Cruz Tallboy and Transition Smuggler but at a much lower frame weight making it great for an all round mountain bike and RAD bikepacker.

The bike is in very good condition and has been maintained regularly. It was fully serviced before sale with new brake pads, gear cable, headset bearings fitted and a fork and reverb service. Bearings and bushings did not require being swapped. It has a number of upgrades including SLX brakes,1x 11 drivetrain and a Rockshox Reverb dropper seatpost. It also has been fitted with a conversion style BB worth £80 which prevents creaking in press fit BBs. Future bearings are also therefore cheaper.

The bike was covered using protective tape and as such the paint work is still very good except for two marks where removing the tape has taken a small bit of paint off - I have pictured these.

Full Spec:

FRAME Orbea Monocoque Race Carbon. Advanced Dynamics 120mm suspension with UFO technology. 29" wheels. Boost 12x148 rear axle. Trail III geometry. Internal cable routing. PF92 Press fit
SHOCK Fox Float DPS Performance 3-Position custom tune 184x44mm
FORK Fox 32 Float Performace 120 3-Position QR15x110
CRANKSET Shimano SLX M7000-B2 upgraded with Absolute black oval chainring
HANDLEBAR Race Face Aeffect 35mm Flat 740mm
STEM Race Face Aeffect 35mm interface
SHIFTERS Shimano SLX M7000 I-Spec (B-type)
BRAKES Shimano SLX
CASSETTE Shimano SLX M7000 11-42t 11-Speed
REAR DERAILLEUR Shimano XT M8000 GS Shadow Plus Direct Mount
WHEELSET Dt Swiss Spline X-1900 TLR
TYRES Maxxis Ardent 2.4" TLR Exo Dual rear and Scwalbe Nobby Nic Snakeskin front. (one ride old but has a tubeless repair plug in it).
SEATPOST Rockshox Reverb Stealth 1

Photos available on Pinkbike
https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2251336/

Looking for £1700 ONO
Catbaiter

Re: Orbea Occam Trail M30 Large

Post by Catbaiter »

Hi. Where abouts are you based?
macskive

Post by macskive »

It's now sold.......to me!
Catbaiter

Post by Catbaiter »

macskive wrote:It's now sold.......to me!
:lol:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

macskive wrote:It's now sold.......to me!

Nice. I have the same bike and it's lovely. It's only a medium frame so I don't have quite as much room for a frame bag but I reckon a Lomo bag will just squeeze in for a bit of enduropacking.
macskive

Post by macskive »

It seems like an ace bike!

The guy I bought it from has a wildcat bag which works really nicely. The template has been done for the large so adjusting it to suit the medium shouldn't be too tricky.