WTD - small seat pack, 2.5-4 litres

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

jameso

WTD - small seat pack, 2.5-4 litres

Post by jameso »

Something like the Big Top mini seat pack or the new XS Alpkit. Black ideally. Porcelain Rocket's micro pack would be great but $$$ .. Can't find much else. Just for occasional rides where I don't take enough kit to pack out a 5l bag in a Wildcat Tiger. A Carradice Super C saddlepack might do it also.

Ta
James
Gari

Re: WTD - small seat pack, 2.5-4 litres

Post by Gari »

https://backcountry.scot/product/defian ... -seat-bag/

Any good to you James? I use one of the Ortleib seat pack things, though a bit small for what you want I think. Hence I was looking at one of these as a Goldilocks pack :grin:
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ortlieb do a 2.7L saddle bag. I've used one for years and it's bombproof.

https://www.rosebikes.com/article/ortli ... aid:704154
Teetosugars

Post by Teetosugars »

. . A Carradice Super C saddlepack might do it also.
Thought you said small?
My Super C is 22ltrs..
jameso

Post by jameso »

Thanks all. Gari wins, hadn't seen that before and I wanted a roll-top with strap over the roll like that. That's either perfect or about 1l too small. Buy both S and M, return one?
Scotroutes, thanks, I saw those but didn't want something that needs clips fitting to the seat rails. Topeak have a strap version but the straps didn't look great, not wrap-around.
Teetosugars, they have one that's 6l I think. Still a bit big but nice kit. Shame they don't have that design in a 3l.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

There's a strap kit available for that Ortlieb one I linked to. It's advertised for Brooks saddles but will fit any rails.
chris n

Post by chris n »

That looks like a really useful size bag, might have to get one. :-bd
Gari

Post by Gari »

Yay, I've won the internet :grin:
The Ortleib one I have is the on SR linked to. The clip is very secure, but fitting and removing the saddle mount is a bit of a pain, not bad if your only doing every few weeks.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Thanks Gari. I just bought both S and M, the M looks bigger in pics than expected for 3l but could be ideal if it rolls down far enough. Room to expand to hold dinner etc. Can see me keeping both but if not will post up FS on here before returning.

The saddle mount of the Ortlieb is a good one, used a smaller version for a while when they first came out, just not what I'm after in this case.
jameso

Post by jameso »

Both Deviant packs arrived, I'm keeping the larger one. Anyone want the small one for the same price I paid inc post before I return to backcountry?