SOLD - Vintage, 1997 Kona Muni-Mula

Buy, sell, swap.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Farawayvisions

SOLD - Vintage, 1997 Kona Muni-Mula

Post by Farawayvisions »

I'm doing a bit of a clear out while Dan's away in Russia, so I'm selling his old girlfriend - The Kona. Now in case you think I'm some evil witch, I have his permission, as we are expecting a new addition to the family.
What can I say about it, well, Dan has been the sole owner. It's got the original paint and decals.
There are a few areas of corrosion, some bubbling under the paint and chips and scuffs here and there. It's a single speed now as I can't shift the derailleur. But it comes complete with chain. (Oiled - there's a bonus!)
And it comes complete with two perfectly round quick release wheels with tyres too.
Shimano deore v brakes that work.
Forks are of the manitou axel variety.
The seat is a bit crap, I think Dan was hungry and ate the nose off it.
Another original feature is the handlebar. (I think, but would need to verify)

Now this old girl has lived life in the fast lane and was pretty high maintenance being a former resident of Antibes on the Côte d'Azur. She spent a few years in Hamburg and may have taken the odd detour to the Reeperbahn (sightseeing of course). She was tucked away in a shipping container in the south of England for over a year when we were sailing and released when we moved ashore and had no car. Dear Kona was the reason I got back on the saddle, because Dan bought me a pre-loved bike so we could go places together. I'm so glad that happened.
20150812_174328.jpg
20150812_174328.jpg (216.43 KiB) Viewed 1699 times
So there you have it, the time has come for the relationship to end.

Do you feel you could give the old girl a good home? Will you love her in sickness and in health?

For £50, you can have her - till death do you part.
Collection or add postage.
Last edited by Farawayvisions on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tommid

Re: FS - Vintage, 1997 Kona Muni-Mula

Post by tommid »

Hi,
What size frame and collection from where?

Thanks
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

19" Frame and collection from Southampton area. I can do some accurate measurements in the morning if that helps.
Farawayvisions

Post by Farawayvisions »

I'm back in the clearing out zone, so giving this a nudge.