Cornwall and Devon Bikepackers

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

creatamax

Cornwall and Devon Bikepackers

Post by creatamax »

Hi everyone my name is mike and i have just sorted out all my gear for bikepacking and was looking to make some new like minded friends to go on some missions with around cornwall and devon and further afield and do some overnighter or weekenders with. Drop me a message if you would be keen to catch up sometime soon.

Cheers for now. Mike
Onegripnick

Re: Cornwall and Devon Bikepackers

Post by Onegripnick »

Hello Mike

ah perfect timing. I'm looking for bike packers in devon. im off tomorow to do bits of the west country way probably postbridge to chagford or beyond. i also have time booked of in mid june to do the gower loop over the weekend. Drop us line and we can organise something.

im in crediton at the moment but im moving to chudleigh in a few weeks, where about are you?

nick
creatamax

Post by creatamax »

Hi nick great to hear from you. Sounds vaguely exciting i have been looking on bikepacking.com at the westcountry way route and they have the gpx files and map on the ride it looks a good one. Im well keen to arrange something and get out for a good mission and a bivvy up. We will have to arrange something. I work all week but my weekends are free and im self employed so if i need to can have off what days i want.

I live near launceston in cornwall so dartmoor is only 30 mins away for me and chudliegh isnt to bad around 45 mins been doing some building work up there recently. We need to arrange something and get out soon!.

Cheers. Mike
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I'm often in north Devon, kings nympton ( near south Molton) I'll be down again end of may/beginning of June.
There is some great riding both in Devon and across exmoor into Somerset, the ride up to dunkery beacon is fun. Have a look at the braunton 150 route. Parts of the tarka trail are nice for a pootle
Give me a shout in a couple of weeks if you want to organise a little overnighter
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
Onegripnick

Post by Onegripnick »

Hi Mike
Sorry about late reply, I just took it as given I would get an email response to anything posted.
I rode buts if the west county route recently and I enjoyed most of the adventure. I have been trying to really get into "the moor" but I seem to always end up riding the road section of the route. I did enjoy the hunters trail the other day but it wasn't new to me so I'm still planning to do the rest in sections.
I'm gonna post some of my plans in regards to the Gower ride and the holy land ride I have my eye on.
Yeah mate let's keep in touch and plan a meet/ride ASAP.

Nick