Unexpected Calderdale Moortop Knacker Drinking

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

GregMay

Unexpected Calderdale Moortop Knacker Drinking

Post by GregMay »

Apparently Calderdale Royal love my wife so much, they've decided to detain her. She is currently in what appears to be a holiday home for the exceptionally pregnant. Either way, as of Monday/Tuesday I'm going to have to deal with a child.

So, as I've a free house and undisturbed bed, I am logically going to go sleep on top of a moor somewhere in the Calder valley tonight. Vague plans of Great Manshead End/ Blackstone Edge area as the stop point, nice views for the morning.

Planning to roll out from the hospital about 2000 when visitors get booted out, over the back of Norland Moor, Ringstone Edge, Rippondon, pub, then on up to the tops somewhere.

If anyone feels like joining me, do, bring pub money, don't expect to be in a rush to do anything, bring whatever bike you want, I'll be on an Escapade. I'll probably have whisky.

Pootle.
Chew

Re: Unexpected Calderdale Moortop Knacker Drinking

Post by Chew »

I'll join you Greg

Was planning on making the most of the current conditions and heading over to Marsden Moor to pick up VV squares which require an element of 'off-piste'/Deathmarch....
Seems like a good reason to head out that way overnight. In the morning, you're welcome to join me or get back if needed.

I live just next to the Hospital, so let us know a meeting point and we'll sort something out.
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

How about Salterhebble junction at 2010?

Not 100% on tomorrow yet, may need to get home and tidy things about the house. Will see what happens in the morning. Thinking White House for beverages?
Chew

Post by Chew »

Sounds like a plan.

Assuming you mean the locks at the bottom of Salterhebble?
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Chew wrote:Sounds like a plan.

Assuming you mean the locks at the bottom of Salterhebble?
Yup yup

ImageUntitled by Greg.May, on Flickr
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Good luck when it all happens Greg and FFS don't look. I did and it scarred me for life.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Turns out you can pack a bike in about 30 mins.

I've no idea what I do or don't have. But I ahve a wallet.

Chew - will DM you my phone number, send me a text so I can shout if I get eaten by scallys in Halifax
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Dave Barter wrote:Good luck when it all happens Greg and FFS don't look. I did and it scarred me for life.
Thanks Dave, I've got my safety glasses with auto black out mode on standby :)
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

Nice ride with Chew last night. Combination of our brain maps produced a nice ride out.

Up and out of Halifax on some trails I didn't know existed. Legs were a bit confused being back on a loaded SS after a few months off. Nice quiet trails to the top of Norland Moor with the odd dog wandering around. Nice sunset and odd views to Halifax from the wrong side as my brain knows it. Out and down some quick descents before a road drag over the next ridge before we went onto my brain map. Draggy, but dry climb up to Great Manshead Edge and some hero poses on the top. Out by the gun shelter, down to the Hinchcliffe Arms for a medicinal beverage or two. Cold now. Opted for the last big climb and then down into Hebden for a rough and ready bivi in my house. IT was cold, and my lights were packing it it, and other such excuses :)

Envious of Chew getting to ride again in todays sunshine, but I've a house to sort out before the wife gets back with the new human.

ImageDSC01770.jpg by Greg.May, on Flickr
Chew

Post by Chew »

Good to meet Greg in person after various virtual conversations and living just down t'road from each other.
Always like the idea of "whats the plan"
"dont know"
"Pub"
"Which one"
"Next one we pass"
"Deal"

Still think we should have stopped at the rave......

Too good a day to miss out today, although my legs may not thank me in the morning during the Grimpeur Audax.

Up to the Pike and over to Marsden to explore
GregMay

Post by GregMay »

We totally could have scored at that rave.