2019 Borders 350/220 Registration Now Open

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

2019 Borders 350/220 Registration Now Open

Post by Ray Young »

As the title says. Start 8am, Saturday 6 July, Peebles, Scottish Borders. For entry email me at borders350itt@gmail.com with your name and which route you want to do. Max 50 riders for both routes combined, first come, first served.

Last year saw the first completions by anyone other than myself.
2018, 350 fastest finish time was 3 days, 13 hours and 45 minutes jointly by Pete Gretton, Rob Andrews and Freddy Tanner. Pete wrote "it could certainly be ridden quicker as we had relatively long sleeps".
2018, 220 finish time was 2 days, 12 hours and 45 minutes by Thomas Philips. Thomas and I rode most of the route together and it could also be ridden quicker as again we had relatively long sleeps plus Thomas is far fitter than I am but he chose to ride at my much slower pace until I had a mechanical near the end where he rode on ahead..

Other quotes from Pete, "A beautiful beast of a route", "constantly challenging" and "some epic and varied riding".

Link to facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/517013845127454/
Ray Young

Re: 2019 Borders 350/220 Registration Now Open

Post by Ray Young »

Hi all. There are still plenty of spaces left for this years group start for anyone who would like to take part for either distance.

I have had to make a slight but permanent route adjustment to both routes just after Broughton on the first day. An entrant for this year pre rode some of the route and gave me the heads up (thanks Brian) of a run in he had with a very angry man who doesn't think the Scottish access laws apply to him. This is the same man who has signs up warning of loose dogs and of whom I have heard is not very pleasant. I want people to enjoy these routes so despite my misgivings about having to bow down to this moron I feel it is best all round to make this minor alteration. I will be sending out the new gpx file to those who have entered this years group start in the next couple of days.

Thanks.
Mark E

Post by Mark E »

Hi Ray, I think I met him when I rode the start of the route last summer. I was watched riding up the track around the edge of the garden by a man stood with several Alsatians. He looked distinctly unimpressed as I rode past, but didn’t say anything. I am still really keen to have a go at the route, but can’t do the group start. I wouldn’t mind a copy of the amended GPX if that is ok as I may have a go during the summer holidays.
Thanks
Mark
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi Mark, yes, sounds like the same bloke. Email me at borders350ittATgmailDOTcom and i'll send them on.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Ray,

We need to catch up sometime if you’re wanting to borrow my Spot. Any plans for this week?
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Well we have had two drop out leaving six starters, four doing the 350 and two on the 220 one of which is me. Hopefully everyone will turn up. The weather forecast is looking good being dry and neither too hot nor too cold both day and night with enough wind to cool you but not enough to have to battle against. The trails should be in pretty good condition too being mostly dry. Pretty much perfect conditions for long distance cycling if you ask me, :-bd .