Moors One Hundred 2019

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Growler

Moors One Hundred 2019

Post by Growler »

Good afternoon from Yorkshire

We are now accepting entries for this years Moors100. Taking place over the weekend of 11-12 May, same format as last year with a slightly tweeked route on day one, still around the 50 mile mark, and a new route for day two with an overnight stop at the fantastic High Paradise Farm. After last year's mass no show, we are doing pre ordered tickets only at £25 per head. This is still a non profit event, I'll not be getting a single penny (but feel free to buy me and Gil a pint!), the ticket covers camping, an evening meal, your first pint of locally brewed fine ale (YOU WILL WANT MORE!) and a breakfast roll and a tea/coffee (and a free hangover) on the Sunday morning. We'll be putting on some live music too. Pretty good value for money I think.

Start will once again be at Goathland, where Friday night camping and all weekend parking will be available at the village community hub for a small donation that goes towards the running of this vital local asset. GPX route and marked maps will be available at the start.

If you are new to the event, you will have 100 miles of pretty steady riding to look forward to. The route is roughly 85% off road, mainly single track with the rest made up with very quiet country lanes. Day two is a little easier this year with more options for food and drink along the route. Expect 6-8 hours riding each day allowing for a relaxed and sociable pace. Expect some wonderful scenery, fun trails through forest, over moorland shooting tracks, ancient drove roads, Roman camps, Steam railways, Cold War radar stations, Pre Historic monuments, country pubs and excellent company throughout. Plus a right good knees up on the Saturday night at High Paradise Farm.

Hope to see you all on't Moor :-bd
Si

https://moorsonehundred.com
Last edited by Growler on Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ton

Re: Moors One Hundred 2019

Post by ton »

entered again. was right good last year. :-bd
Mike

Post by Mike »

Really wanted to do this again but unfortunately clashes with work it's such a great weekend!! :-bd
Wotsits

Post by Wotsits »

Really enjoyed last years event (until i fell off!). The route was excellent & if anyone has never ridden in this area before its a must do really. The overnight at Paradise Farm with food & beers is also brill!

Will be signing up again for this year :-bd
Ever Feel Like You're Being Orbited?!
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

I would definitively have been signing as its so close to me so not too bad on fuel and the price of £25 is a steal. Unfortunately though its the month of fasting (ramadhan) for me. It goes back by around 10 day every year (this year is May7th til June4th) so possible in 2021 or 2022. Will keep my eyes peeled for more of your events or other relatively short local ones..
Stumpym4

Post by Stumpym4 »

Just realised ive double booked this weekend , !!! .. this and the Birmingham Velo which is on my doorstep !
Growler

Post by Growler »

Out and about on the moors yesterday looking at parts of the new Day 2 route. What a day to be on a bike!

ImageUntitled by simon jackson, on Flickr

ssnowman

Post by ssnowman »

I'm in. I fancied this last year but couldn't make it unfortunately.

Really looking forward to it. I've never ridden anywhere round there, so all new to me :grin:
May satan walk with you
Mike

Post by Mike »

Ah your making me envious of thise that can do it :)
windjammer

Post by windjammer »

Signed up to the event,let's get more people to the bar on the Friday night.
Free event but bring a bottle of wine/beer for your entrance fee :mrgreen:
Growler

Post by Growler »

windjammer wrote:Signed up to the event,let's get more people to the bar on the Friday night.
Free event but bring a bottle of wine/beer for your entrance fee :mrgreen:
Dont worry about that. Gini will have a couple of very good local ales on tap. Save weight and just bring pepto and paracetamol :grin:
Growler

Post by Growler »

Ow do
Last shout for entries folks. We need to organise the parking / camping / food next week so could do with getting a firm number to work on. I'm out doing the final recce on the new sections this weekend, so we can get the GPX files out at the end of the month. Apart from that I think we are good to go. :-bd

cheers
Si
burty

Post by burty »

in again :-bd
can you cancel the wind this year :grin:
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

Yep, in. :-bd
Growler

Post by Growler »

Last sections of the route recce done at the weekend. Looking good!

RIDE FAST!

Bailout Option

Are we there yet?
redefined_cycles

Post by redefined_cycles »

Growler. Am a little confused about that first pic and the sign saying its a prohibited/restricted and prosecutable place... I'm noy sure I'd wanna be kumping that fence myself (am muslim and try to not even go near airports too much in case I get sent to Gitmo at Ms Mays and Sajid Javeds pleasure)...

How would I find more info on that area of the track there please :smile:

Shafiq
Growler

Post by Growler »

redefined_cycles wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:07 am Growler. Am a little confused about that first pic and the sign saying its a prohibited/restricted and prosecutable place... I'm noy sure I'd wanna be kumping that fence myself (am muslim and try to not even go near airports too much in case I get sent to Gitmo at Ms Mays and Sajid Javeds pleasure)...

How would I find more info on that area of the track there please :smile:

Shafiq
Don't worry, we wont be using that section now, its just a sloppy bog and wasn't much fun on the recce. It's a well known local trail, one i've been using for years. When the RAF base was built someone forgot to remove the right of way during the period of legislation. Its not marked on an OS map anymore and the sign on the gate is scary, but there is a lengthy worded sign next to it outlining your legal right to use it :roll: . We rode right past a guard tower and as long as you don't loiter around and start looking through the fences, they are fine. Makes for a good photo though.
Growler

Post by Growler »

burty wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:10 pm in again :-bd
can you cancel the wind this year :grin:
I'll do my best :cool:
Growler

Post by Growler »

Had another pootle around some of the new sections yesterday. Really pleased with the new day two route, much better than last year I think.

We are going to close entries at midnight on wednesday so we can get the final numbers to Ginni and send out the Route files and notes to everyone on the list on Friday. So if you are going to join up it might be a good idea to do it as soon as possible.

As we have not got to the expected numbers this year (around 50 as i write this) we have not been able to secure the use of the hub at Goathland as friday camping / weekend parking. My suggestion is to use one of the campsites in Goathland instead. There is one a few hundred yards up the track from the hub, Abbots House Farm, which I'll be using. They have plenty of space available. There are a few more just outside the village that have space too. I will include all the details in an email to all riders later this week.

A few pics from yesterday.....

In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

all looks great Si. :-bd
Growler

Post by Growler »

Route files should be in your inbox now ladies and gents.

See you on't moor :-bd
ton

Post by ton »

hope to meet a few off here again.

say hello if you see me, I wont bite. might even buy you a pint..... :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

I'll be in the pub tonight, probs wearing a dazzling new WRT tshirt and looking like this:

burty

Post by burty »

the campsite behind the hub has parking £5 for the weekend , if your arriving Saturday morning :-bd
abbots farm I think its called
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

In Reverse wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:24 am...looking like this...
Swoon.