Staffordshire ish ride

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Staffordshire ish ride

Post by middleagedmadness »

As Stu's thank you thread went off tangent I'll open a post here if anyone is about for a bimble over the chase ,dosent have to be straight away but whenever we can get together ,will be having a midweek Bivi in that area in Feb and probably march , looking at shifts I'm working most weekends from now until end of march so I can only get out midweek ,northwind let me know next time your at your outlaws
RIP

Re: Staffordshire ish ride

Post by RIP »

Might well be up for summat March midweek chap. I fancy a ghost hunt on the chase...
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote:Might well be up for summat March midweek chap. I fancy a ghost hunt on the chase...
Your more than welcome reg ,looking at 26/27th at the moment ,wed/Thurs ,can't do any earlier away with the wife for her 50th if she hasn't killed me by then :-bd
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

March mid-week would probably work for me, I'd probably just need to book a day off and get home early the next day. Tues/Wednesday would be perfect since I work from home monday to wednesday which gives me a bit more leeway for getting back but Wed/Thursday would just mean I'd have to get up earlier.
middleagedmadness

Ok so 27th march meet at birches valley for about lunch time 30 mileish round chase down to park gate for food and refreshments then drop down to gentlshaw common for a sheltered spot away from rangers ,doggers ,and general scrotes next morning back over top of monkey take in part of the dog and down to penkridge for breaky ,then for me towpath back to wolves ,reg if you get your train to wolves I'll meet you and we'll ride up to chase it's not far and pretty godamn flat
Reg see if you can get pickers out we can adjust the mileage to suit his ebike :-bd
mechanicaldope

Post by mechanicaldope »

Family and work rather get in the way of a mid weeker but a weekend day ride would be good sometime.
middleagedmadness

mechanicaldope wrote:Family and work rather get in the way of a mid weeker but a weekend day ride would be good sometime.
Struggle with most weekends as ,I work 4on4off I like to spend the weekends I do have off with the family , but can always see if I can get out
RIP

Post by RIP »

Blimey, someone's come up with a Plan! Bit worrying. Pencilled in diary. Yeah a combo of trails (sorry Mr W ;-)) and proper riding would be fun. Yep, could come to Wolves - I think my inoculations are up-to-date but I'll check beforehand anyway. Usually I train it to Rugeley (£4.50 single, bargain!!) but I'm sure we'll sort summat out. Now indeed, if Mr Pickers could make it too that would be the icing on top of the lemon drizzle.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

RIP

Post by RIP »

"away from ...... doggers". Oh. I was rather looking forward to the free entertainment laid on.

middleagedmadness

RIP wrote:Blimey, someone's come up with a Plan! Bit worrying. Pencilled in diary. Yeah a combo of trails (sorry Mr W ;-)) and proper riding would be fun. Yep, could come to Wolves - I think my inoculations are up-to-date but I'll check beforehand anyway. Usually I train it to Rugeley (£4.50 single, bargain!!) but I'm sure we'll sort summat out. Now indeed, if Mr Pickers could make it too that would be the icing on top of the lemon drizzle.
Not really a plan mate ,and no cat herding ,just turn up ride ,eat ,sleep
RIP

Post by RIP »

Just how we like it.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’d be up for a bimble,as long as we increase our cafe score over the W.E. We have a reputation to uphold :-bd
Must plan something interesting for February, always a tricky one. Short month with one weekend lost to the boys birthday makes it tricky.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
middleagedmadness

BigdummySteve wrote:I’d be up for a bimble,as long as we increase our cafe score over the W.E. We have a reputation to uphold :-bd
Must plan something interesting for February, always a tricky one. Short month with one weekend lost to the boys birthday makes it tricky.
Cafe quota can be increased Steve
Don't forget it's a mid week jaunt
Have you forgot you have to send me a list of your qualifications so I can pass them on to Zurich
gazaddy

Post by gazaddy »

I'd like to jump in on this if ok, I also work 4 on 4 off nights so weekends are family time. Would it be possible to park my van at someones place then ride in with them ( coming from nr MCR ). Make a change from being out on my bill midweek. Thanks
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
middleagedmadness

gazaddy wrote:I'd like to jump in on this if ok, I also work 4 on 4 off nights so weekends are family time. Would it be possible to park my van at someones place then ride in with them ( coming from nr MCR ). Make a change from being out on my bill midweek. Thanks
Your welcome to park at mine mate and it's about 25 mile ride in ( mostly towpath and bridleway)
thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

middleagedmadness wrote:northwind let me know next time your at your outlaws
Could well be next Christmas, but maybe before. Will let you know. Glad our little geographical non-coincidence has kicked something off anyway!
gazaddy

Post by gazaddy »

middleagedmadness wrote:
gazaddy wrote:I'd like to jump in on this if ok, I also work 4 on 4 off nights so weekends are family time. Would it be possible to park my van at someones place then ride in with them ( coming from nr MCR ). Make a change from being out on my bill midweek. Thanks
Your welcome to park at mine mate and it's about 25 mile ride in ( mostly towpath and bridleway)
Thanks very much , look forward to meeting others.
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
paramart

Post by paramart »

RIP wrote:Blimey, someone's come up with a Plan! Bit worrying. Pencilled in diary. Yeah a combo of trails (sorry Mr W ;-)) and proper riding would be fun. Yep, could come to Wolves - I think my inoculations are up-to-date but I'll check beforehand anyway. Usually I train it to Rugeley (£4.50 single, bargain!!) but I'm sure we'll sort summat out. Now indeed, if Mr Pickers could make it too that would be the icing on top of the lemon drizzle.
reg do you ride up the heritage trail to the chase from Rugeley station, also if you got off 1 stop earlier at Hednesford you can get on the chase easily via the heritage trail and it goes close to the café by run and ride bike shop area,might see if I can bung a service day in
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
middleagedmadness

If you can mart let me know where you want to meet up mate :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Mart, Rugeley is a direct train from down here so I'd have to change to get off at the Ford of Hens, but ta for the info. My route tends to be up through town, pop in at Co-Op, along the A460 to Marquis Drive, two laps of the Cliffs, round to the main cafe for lunch, two more spins down the caravan site to cafe section of Dog, another brew, back down to Marquis, two more rounds of the Cliffs, then down to the Red Lion (where literally anything can happen in my experience!) in the town. No point making firm plans now, but was vaguely thinking of arriving at the station at 8.45am (very cheap ticket), then do some of the above with anyone who fancies it, then meet "main party" somewhere mid-day/PM and carry on with a proper ride round MaM's secret places, then kip out where MaM leads us, then maybe a bit more in the morning. Or whatever! :smile:.

paramart

Post by paramart »

ah trent valley reg, do you go down the path opposite the co-op it takes you straight to swinno's on the heritage trail, i'm going to see about finishing at 15.00hrs and have the next day off so not rushing trying to get to work after the night out, I can meet up with you all as it's not a great distance to any area from my house,
middleagedmadness

Mart well probably be over Brocton side by that time or can meet you at the horns if you give us a time ( think it's called the horns ,got fishing pool behind it and a nice little trail leading up to Apple tree estate ( or cherry tree can't remember apart from its a feck off hill to the top )
Edit- bleedin peartree
paramart

Post by paramart »

middleagedmadness wrote:Mart well probably be over Brocton side by that time or can meet you at the horns if you give us a time ( think it's called the horns ,got fishing pool behind it and a nice little trail leading up to Apple tree estate ( or cherry tree can't remember apart from its a feck off hill to the top )
stu nearer the time if you have a plan I will bisect your route, horns pub is 10 mins for me from home,
middleagedmadness

That's what I thought mate so would be easiest place to meet up ,to get to the horns was just gonna use the route I put on Strava where I ended up cheekily going through beau scout camp
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Mid week is me out, saving holibobs for spring and summer japes. Mrs D May be away Easter weekend so might have a completely free pass with no ‘compensation’ required :-bd sleeper to Scotland :cool:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark