Staffordshire ish ride

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Mart

Re: Staffordshire ish ride

Post by Mart »

I will try and join you - as it’s mid week I could cycle over to the chase late after work and meet you where ever you are
sounds like a plan coming together
Martin
2924 miles per Gallon
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

If it's later on probably gonna be in park gate inn just off castle ring
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sez 'ere that Wolseley Arms at Wolseley Bridge does wierdo veg food - would that fit? (curry joint over t'road as well!)
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Could do it's probably about 30-45 mins from there to the Bivi spot unless we swap spots ,para mart mentioned another the other night what we can look at ,I'll text him now make sure what day he's got booked off then put up a firm date so you can book your train mate
RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile:
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

gazaddy

Post by gazaddy »

Still up for this , the wife say's " blimey , you going for a bike ride or night out looking at pubs and curry houses" :lol:
--------------------------------------champagne lifestyle on lemonade budget
middleagedmadness

Right , pm has been looking at pubs for us ,meet up on the 27th ,gazaddy ,if your leaving your motor at mine try and get down for about 10 ,reg that'll get us over the chase for 12 ish blast round some of the natural stuff meet paramart about 330/4 in birches valley cafe ,blast round some the stuff he rides regularly ,then meet up with mart and food / drinks then either off over gentlshaw or a spot pm/mart knows ,but have also spotted some decent spots over castle ring when walking the pouch this afternoon , anybody else interested just post up here ( burty see if you can get out ) :-bd
Edit - next day breakfast and some more mud and slop before I head off back down the cut to god's country gazaddy ,pm me and I'll send you my number and post code
Mart

Post by Mart »

ha ha Im getting confused- too many Marts :lol: Sounds like a plan coming together nicely
2924 miles per Gallon
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

I'll book the 27th off then though I'll need to head back home early on the 28th to go to work since I have to go into the office.
middleagedmadness

No problem Paul ,reg will probably be over there early but I'm planning on getting to the cafe at birches about 12
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yes I'll be over at the Cliffs about 9am, then get to the caff for lunch. Just looking at these boozers - Seven Stars looks a bit premium, Chetwynd doesn't look too bad. Maybe we'll end up with a bag of chips and some cans on the village green! Whatever.

middleagedmadness

RIP wrote:Yes I'll be over at the Cliffs about 9am, then get to the caff for lunch. Just looking at these boozers - Seven Stars looks a bit premium, Chetwynd doesn't look too bad. Maybe we'll end up with a bag of chips and some cans on the village green! Whatever.
Got harrased doing that by the local constabulary on albrighton village green on my way back from Scotts last summer (was only cans of coke as it was lunch time)
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

You monsters.
RIP

Post by RIP »

"harrassed" - brilliant! "And what are you doing Sir?", "I'm a two-wheeled tramp". "Oh yes? I wonder if you'd mind stepping into this vehicle for a moment please Sir".

You coming over for this caper then, 'slide? You're only up the road. Ish. Talking of Peak District, at some point I'm thinking of doing a train to Macclesfield, up through the forest, all round those funny tracks at the top end of the Dove, then to the Quiet Woman at Earl Sterndale for some proper pub sampling. They only sell beer and pickled onions, as any real pub should. Can't do it next week 'cos I've put an embargo on train trips until my Old Fogey's Railcard (1/3 off fares) turns up in two weeks!

paramart

Post by paramart »

mam looked at the pubs over gentleshaw way,not physically yet the wych elm seemed the best for price and menu's have a look at that see what you think, there is also the barley mow pub at milford, with a curry house 100m away and the wimpy burger stall next to the pub, severn stars and chetwynd arms are just up the road from these, if we are firm for bivvying at gentleshaw then, there is about4 pubs to look at some sound a bit posh but will check them out next week, there is the café at west cannock pit site near run and ride shop which people give a thumbs up to for brekky, the wolsley arms and the curry house are just off the canal,severn springs area of the chase.
it's not that I can and others can't, it's that I will and others won't.
middleagedmadness

paramart wrote:mam looked at the pubs over gentleshaw way,not physically yet the wych elm seemed the best for price and menu's have a look at that see what you think, there is also the barley mow pub at milford, with a curry house 100m away and the wimpy burger stall next to the pub, severn stars and chetwynd arms are just up the road from these, if we are firm for bivvying at gentleshaw then, there is about4 pubs to look at some sound a bit posh but will check them out next week, there is the café at west cannock pit site near run and ride shop which people give a thumbs up to for brekky, the wolsley arms and the curry house are just off the canal,severn springs area of the chase.
No firm spot for Bivi mate ,just take it from where we eat :-bd
paramart

Post by paramart »

went on a pub reccie the rag was rammed but looked good lots of peeps eating, but couldn't get on the car park so looked through the window food looked ok will try and get over again and ask for veggy options, the redmore seems ok got a menu but not many veggy options 5 items in total 2 starters 1 nibbles and shares, 1 kebab 1 main meal, the wych elm was a bit out of the way and didn't seem that good but I will revisit and see what it's got to offer, lots of curry and pint kind of deals there, don't know how many veggy options are usually on offer in pubs so if reg finds any good pubs locally that cater for his needs we can work around that, will go and look at some more over the w/end
middleagedmadness

Your just using it as a excuse to get out for a pint ,I know you rugely people :wink:
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yep, tough work is pub reccying :smile:. Ta for considering my wierdnesses but don't let me tip the balance too much. I'll have another look anyroad. Still reckon Red Lion in Rugeley is best for entertainment value but doubt they do a ten-course gourmet meal :wink:. Ten bags of crisps maybe...

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote:You coming over for this caper then, 'slide?

Alas, no.
RIP wrote:Talking of Peak District, at some point I'm thinking of doing a train to Macclesfield, up through the forest, all round those funny tracks at the top end of the Dove, then to the Quiet Woman at Earl Sterndale for some proper pub sampling.
Keep me posted! :-bd
paramart

Post by paramart »

RIP wrote:Yep, tough work is pub reccying :smile:. Ta for considering my wierdnesses but don't let me tip the balance too much. I'll have another look anyroad. Still reckon Red Lion in Rugeley is best for entertainment value but doubt they do a ten-course gourmet meal :wink:. Ten bags of crisps maybe...
reg are you on about the red lion at brereton, which is accessable from the chase which has veggie options, or there is the upmarket red lion at longdon bit posher, the 1 in the town does'nt do food, the 1 at brereton gets good reviews
RIP

Post by RIP »

Ignore me Mart I'm just wittering :wink: But yeah I meant the Lion in the town centre with its extremely eccentric clientele - no food as you say so no good in this case...

middleagedmadness

Quick update ,me and mart have scratched one of the pubs off the list despite it being perfectly situated to the Bivi spot ( literally over the road ) the food was ok but you'd need to remortgage to drink in there £8 for 2 bleedin pints I nearly took a cardiac but and this is the big one they kicked us out at 10 so they could close up ,marts popping out the weekend to try a couple more,if they are s£#te then it's bikes round marts and into regs red lion and chipper or Indian for food either way a good couple of days of riding will happen,
Anyone who is a definite put your names up as a couple of pubs are talking of having to make a booking,(if we go the pub route), if you put your names down and can't make it it's up to you to ring the boozer and cancel your place ,I don't do cat herding :wink: :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Yah still in matey. Four quid a pint! Don't mind what we do really - as u say, chippy, Indian, bag of nuts etc. Ta for all the research.

middleagedmadness

3.70 for a feckin Guinness and 4.30 for a shipyard no wonder they can shut a 10 o'clock :roll: