Peak Practice, June Fri 22 - Sun 24

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

Peak Practice, June Fri 22 - Sun 24

Post by RIP »

Apparently I'm in Peaks/Sheffield that Fri/Sat/Sun, but have a pass, so I think I might have a wobble round nosing at old mines, water troughs, cafes, scenery, plagues, and maybe the odd pub. Possibly starting Bakewell/Longstone mid afternoon Friday sort of thing, then getting generally old and confused in an area bounded by Bakewell, Millers Dale, Castleton, Edale, Bamford, Baslow. Finishing about mid morning Sunday. Feel free to dip in and out as you wish. Might embarrassingly take the F/S cos there's a few frisky tracks to cover. Tarpists and/or pandas especially welcome (there's a discriminatory ad for you), but discreet bivi spots are reasonably challenging in that area :smile:.
Last edited by RIP on Mon May 14, 2018 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Re: Peak Practice, June Fri 22 - Sun 24

Post by middleagedmadness »

Sorry mate ,I know I said I pop up and meet you but on weekend shifts all through June , but planning on meeting scottofthewoods in July if your up for a bit more wales
RIP

Post by RIP »

Re Wales, am pondering July's jape at the moment - passes are under delicate negotiations......

(Sorry Ben below, if I confusingly implied I could change Peaks to July)
Last edited by RIP on Mon May 14, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

benp1

Post by benp1 »

Hmmm, might be tricky but I was certainly considering a little jaunt up to the Peak district for a weekend in July, even though i'm away in snowdonia at the end of June already

Will keep an eye out for this, was thinking of ladybower area though, haven't tried cut gate before
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I hope to be available for some of this. Know we are away the weekend before but this one is clear I think.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Excellent Ian, be nice to meet at last - but yep whatever you could manage. Can obv firm the plan a little more nearer the time.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I might be up for a bit of peak practice :-bd as long as Mrs D hasn’t any shenanigans planned :???:
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
RIP

Post by RIP »

'Shenanigans' - banned long ago in our household :???:

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

:YMPARTY: I’ve booked the weekend as mine :-bd
Unfortunately I don’t think I can get the Friday off but I might head north after work.

RIP

Post by RIP »

:smile:

RIP

Post by RIP »

Mrs Perrin and Daughter Perrin have issued me with further details on this one, and I've now obtained the various permissions allowing me to abscond from Sheffield. Outline idea I think is depart Bamford about 16.30ish (could do a bit later) Friday 22nd, over to Eyam and ending up around Tideswell somewhere. Saturday to Longstone, Calver, Eyam, Bradwell Moor, Hope, with random diversions on the way. Might have some evening food in the Cheshire Cheese then bivi. Sunday to Bamford by late morning. Second breakfast at the Anglers Rest :-bd. As say, all welcome, I can PM my mobile# for contact for meeting points on the day etc.

'Reg'
Last edited by RIP on Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I’ll need to have this confirmed but think that a meet in the Cheshire cheese, bivy and a bit of a ride on Sunday is going to fit into plans.
RIP

Post by RIP »

:-bd

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

I’m still on for a bimble, at the moment it’s heading up Friday after work, depending on swapping talking heads I may have Friday off, it all seems to be beyond my control :???:

RIP

Post by RIP »

Depending wot u get told , tis easy enough meet later on Fri eve part way round eg Eyam. Obv you'd then have to ride from Bamford to Eyam on Sun morning but it"s not far - hav a nosy at the map..

'course, if u manage blag day/afternoon off even better :). Chat again nearer time Steve mate.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Well me and Mrs Dummy are off to see David Byrne on the 20th in Hammersmith, we were hoping to swap for tickets in Oxford, which would have let me juggle a day off.
Might still be able to swing it, I have a training course next week, if the boss wants me to use my own car again it will cost him a few hours :-bd

Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

I can make the Saturday night Cheshire Cheese/bivvy/home on Sunday morning thing if you're happy to have me?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Nice one Landslide, it would be good to meet you! Think we'll have to break BP Rule #18 and let the place know we're coming or we'll end up with plates on our laps on the wall outside. I'll have to 'self cater' the previous night then to make up for it or lay myself open to accusations of breaking BP Rule #5 as well - 'being soft'.

(I think these BP Rules are actually a bit like Red Dwarf Space Corps Directives :wink: - "5797: may have something to do with 'not letting a BBB-er aboard if he may, in fact, be a brain-sucking psychotic temporal lobe slurper' ". )

RIP

Post by RIP »

Just had a natter with Landslide, and thought may arrive t'Cheese about 5.30pm Sat. Will ring you guys if I fall down a mineshaft earlier in the day. Oh, probably no signal down there I guess. Whatever.

ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

I’m not sure I’ll be there for 5:30.

But as soon as possible
BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Friday secured :-bd

RIP

Post by RIP »

Luvly. Still not got final word from young Perrin about Fri. She says she's 'out' at the moment and can't talk to me. Very nice I must say. I mean who's paying her Uni then? Sigh. Anyway I'll still be pushing for 16.30 Bamford. Re Sat, am awaiting Cheese callback but bearing in mind Ian eta will book for 18.30. Doesn't stop beer consumption before that time of course if needs be.
ianfitz

Post by ianfitz »

RIP wrote:Luvly. Still not got final word from young Perrin about Fri. She says she's 'out' at the moment and can't talk to me. Very nice I must say. I mean who's paying her Uni then? Sigh. Anyway I'll still be pushing for 16.30 Bamford. Re Sat, am awaiting Cheese callback but bearing in mind Ian eta will book for 18.30. Doesn't stop beer consumption before that time of course if needs be.

I can certainly be there by 6:30 and am not adverse to the idea of beer. In fact am quite prepared to drink some irrespective of which side of early/late I arrive
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

6:30 is fine by me, I may take the more scenic route out to join you.
Excellent contingency plans for any early arrivals too.
:-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Saturday 23rd happens to be a big day for Well Dressings, it sez 'ere, so that'll add a bit of jollity to the proceedings. Litton, Tideswell, Youlgreave; but the one most likely to coincide with our timings is Hope at 7pm - there's four around the village with the school one about 200 yards from the pub! Since we're booked in for dindins at 6.30pm, I guess we'll just have to take our pints down the road to watch, then wobble back to the pub to continue the celebrations :smile:.