(I think I'm Going Crazy) I'm Gonna Go Radge (It Is Uncool)

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

RIP

(I think I'm Going Crazy) I'm Gonna Go Radge (It Is Uncool)

Post by RIP »

Having started the BBB Gigpacking(TM) sub-group last year, it's time for another outing. To keep it simple I'll be seeing the same outfit - The Rezillos!

In fact, already got a ticket for their London gig in September, but have also now gone a bit mad/radge and booked Northampton on Friday 12th October (yes, BB200/300 weekend, but not for 10-stone weaklings like me) at The Roadmender as well, and will be bivvying out afterwards as my October BaM. I've decided that bivvying in Regents Park after the London one is a step too far even for me.

A special live performance of their WHOLE 1977 LP "Can't Stand The Rezillos" to celebrate 40 years of radgeness.

So, all welcome! Book yer own ticket and we can keep tabs on things in this thread. http://www.theroadmender.com/event/the-rezillos/

'Reg'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v41jGUPQQHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmXouFoQLvU

"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
macinblack

Re: (I think I'm Going Crazy) I'm Gonna Go Radge (It Is Unco

Post by macinblack »

Ha, this would certainly take me back to my mis-spent youth but nowadays I prefer to sit in a cave in total darkness having my grey matter liquidised by the relentless brutality of Vietnamese skiffle...
RIP

Post by RIP »

C'mon Mac, let's be 'avin you :smile:. Look, I'm in my 60th year and I'm still in my mis-spent youth!! :-bd

'Reg'

(Vietnamese skiffle eh.... hmmmm... I haven't planned my November BaM yet...... )
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

I like the concept Reg. I used to go to loads of gigs, but after a few years of living in a city, I got really fed up of going to WhateverBrand'sSponsoringThemThisWeek's Academies and paying stupid money for sub standard beer then walking home after the 10o'clock curfew. I missed the sense of occasion there was when, as a teenager living in the Lincolnshire countryside we'd go somewhere unbelievably exotic, like Sheffield, involving trains and later, poorly maintained cars.

Since then I've endeavoured to go gigs in better venues in more interesting places, and try and make the journey more interesting. A mate and I once got the train to Berwick and rode to a gig in Edinburgh via the Tweed valley. We were knackered afterwards but it was a much nicer way to arrive in a city, and so much more memorable. The ride back round the coast in the pissing rain the following day was less nice, but still.

I've thought about combining gigs and bikepacking, or just bivvying, but there does seem to be a couple of practical problems. Leaving one of my better bikes locked up in a city for an evening makes me a bit nervous, but none of my bikes are that expensive so not the end of the world. But what to do with all your kit? A lot of venues aren't keen on (or specifically prohibit) large rucksacks (not sure whether that covers a collection of bikepacking luggage tied together) and a gas canister or a bottle of meths isn't going to go down well. How are you planning to deal with this?
RIP

Post by RIP »

Good questions 'wind. Last November I asked myself all the same ones, and the upshot was I took my Brompton with a front bag on it. A fairly bonkers 46 mile round trip too. One way in the dark. Subzero bivi. Managed to cram everything into that bag somehow. Curiously the venue were very happy to help - no problem stashing a folded Brompton behind the desk :).

macinblack

Post by macinblack »

RIP wrote:C'mon Mac, let's be 'avin you :smile:. Look, I'm in my 60th year and I'm still in my mis-spent youth!! :-bd

'Reg'

(Vietnamese skiffle eh.... hmmmm... I haven't planned my November BaM yet...... )
It's tempting Reg - I'm going to miss the BB200 (as well as the WRT) due to work and no leave left to play with but I might try and wangle a day from somewhere - I'm at work all hours for the rest of the year so I might have to lay down the "all work and no play" card - We'll see :YMDAYDREAM:
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

Should you still be interested in a London bivvy, Lincolns Inn Fields is usually ok with a tent though you may want to bring the Brompton inside with you and yes, you will be 'mistaken' for a rough sleeper, and I've seen them on a nice patch just outside Regents Park on the north east corner - much more posh up there.
RIP

Post by RIP »

On Lincoln's Inn? ? Blimey. Now that would be a bivvy and a half. Worked round there a few times and it's certainly pretty posh. Perhaps if I roll up on my Brommie, but in pinstripe and bowler with an attache case, then set up I'll probably be OK... fit right in no probs :wink:.

thenorthwind

Post by thenorthwind »

Sounds like that worked out. As I'm sure it usually would. I guess I'm just a bit nervous about not having a backup plan and thus being rather up the creek without a paddle.
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

RIP wrote:On Lincoln's Inn? ? Blimey. Now that would be a bivvy and a half. Worked round there a few times and it's certainly pretty posh. Perhaps if I roll up on my Brommie, but in pinstripe and bowler with an attache case, then set up I'll probably be OK... fit right in no probs :wink:.
Mneh well the surrounding location's very well to do, but Lincolns Inn itself tends to be a bit of a dive. There's a reason a soup kitchen turns up there on a regular basis. You'd fit right in with regular low-end bikepacking gear, the more unwashed the better.
RIP

Post by RIP »

It's Getting Me Down that I have to wait 6 more days but by next Saturday I'll be Glad All Over that I didn't say No to this gigpacking opportunity. Hopefully there won't be a Flying Saucer Attack or a Bad Guy Reaction. It Gets Me and should be Top Of The Pops! Time will tell where there's a spot in central Northampton though....

Bet there's still tickets, don't be shy :-bd