Welsh Ride Thing

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

smilyanp

Welsh Ride Thing

Post by smilyanp »

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and it's related to the Welsh Ride Thing (WRT). I've literally just found out about its existence last Saturday and am all over it. I have experience camping and bike touring, not so much mountain biking. I am currently training for a charity 300km (186 miles) in 24h, but that'll be just on roads and cycle paths.

My question here is, if anyone is looking for some company on the WRT. I can take care of myself and not be a weight and hopefully even lighten the days, who knows. I am looking to share the experience and maybe learn some things from someone more experienced than me, or even just give it a go with someone else that has never tried it.

In any case, thank you all for spending the time to read this and I hope to see you there!
Bearbonesnorm

Re: Welsh Ride Thing

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm sure there'll be a 'Lonely Hearts Club' thread appear once the GR are released.
May the bridges you burn light your way
ianfitz

Re: Welsh Ride Thing

Post by ianfitz »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I'm sure there'll be a 'Lonely Hearts Club' thread appear once the GR are released.
Which is a loose collaboration of like minded folk who are keen to ride the WRT but maybe don’t know any of us (yet)

You may know that but thought it would be helpful if you didn’t :-bd