Midlands bivy

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

middleagedmadness

Midlands bivy

Post by middleagedmadness »

Having totally missed out on Jan bam just wondering if anybody wants to get out around 11- 14 th Feb , preferably Midlands area .was thinking Kimber ,wyre forest or Cannock open to any other suggestions preferably including pub stops
Scattamah

Re: Midlands bivy

Post by Scattamah »

If you fancy coming out into the hills west of Brown Clee, let me know. Lots of places to choose from and plenty of pubs. I'm out between Wenlock and Ludlow.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

That's grand as long as any of those dates are good for you
RIP

Post by RIP »

"missed out on Jan bam" - still five days to go chap! :-bd Missing Jan is the only thing worse than missing Feb which is what did for my BaM effort two years ago - still can't believe I blew out that early. Pickers 'n' meself were thinking of a Wyre/Malverns jape soon but probably not til Spring.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

Not strictly my fault reg , took a few weeks holiday off work so plenty of time , then my inconsiderate mother in law ( lived with us for 15 yrs ) decided to kick the bucket ,so now I have to deal with not only the family over here but I've got a house full of Dubliners ,father jack has nothing on them .so until we get the old girl burnt and back home all my freedom passes have been revoked, as father jack would say fek fek fek ,
(Just read this before posting and although it's sounds a bit blunt it's just our black humour and it's far less than what I called her and she me when she was alive)
middleagedmadness

RIP wrote: Pickers 'n' meself were thinking of a Wyre/Malverns jape soon but probably not til Spring.
Just let me know when your up this way reg either will do fine but Malvern is more rideable after a bit of water
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Those dates are fine...I just have to be packed and on the road early to get back before the slavery auction is looking for me...so you may be breakfasting on your own. If you can manage a weekend, even better.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Only weekend off in Feb is next week ,but I don't mind either a early breakfast or a lonesome one , will be in touch when I get back from Dublin on the 6th
MarkW

Post by MarkW »

RIP wrote:"missed out on Jan bam" - still five days to go chap! :-bd Missing Jan is the only thing worse than missing Feb which is what did for my BaM effort two years ago - still can't believe I blew out that early. Pickers 'n' meself were thinking of a Wyre/Malverns jape soon but probably not til Spring.
I'll be up for this area after Feb (lot on in Feb). And may be able to scout some trails (being a fresh local).
middleagedmadness

I'll be up for this area after Feb (lot on in Feb). And may be able to scout some trails (being a fresh local).[/quote]
That's grand ,only problem I have is every 2nd month I work weekends so would have to be a mid week trip
Pete-G

Post by Pete-G »

I'll keep an eye on this thread.
I work Saturdays, but can get the odd early finish or something. Down in Gloucester so not a million miles away.
Mike

Post by Mike »

Would of been out with u guys but work stops play for me
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:Those dates are fine...I just have to be packed and on the road early to get back before the slavery auction is looking for me...so you may be breakfasting on your own. If you can manage a weekend, even better.

Greetz

S.
Looks like Sunday the 11 th will be the best for me if that's ok ,just planned my route on bike hike down to brown clee ,which is the best village to meet you at for a bit of food and a pint?
middleagedmadness

Mike wrote:Would of been out with u guys but work stops play for me
If your about in march planning on trying Malvern or the Wyre ,will be good to meet some of you before the WRT ,Reg if your coming will the panda be joing you or is that kept for special occasions
RIP

Post by RIP »

Sorry to hear about your tribulations MAM :(. One can hardly turn down such a cordial invitation to visit your manor, thank you; will be seein' Pickers for Feb BaM and he's up your way so will see if summat can be firmed up soon :-bd. Panda? Well, I felt it best that she had a country upbringing at the frankly far nicer and more panda-friendly digs at BB Towers - plenty of space to run around freely, other pandas of her own age, that sort of thing - it wasn't an easy decision and like an estranged dad I'm now allowed occasional 'access rights'. I don't want her to feel that there's some sort of love-tug goin' on and needlessly upset her though so it's only on BB events at the moment. Maybe we'll have a tearful reconcilation when she's older and able to understand that I only thought I was doing what was best for her long-term future.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

That's grand reg although my parish is a little further north ,but everything is linked by canals so although mundane there's very few roads I have to use , as for the panda maybe it's for the best she out in the "wilds"now ,you never know you may get monthly access and can join the other single father's in the park or at certain fast food restaurants.As for the tribulations you've just gotta wipe your mouth and crack on
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

11th works fine. Tally Ho @ Bouldon would be a good place to meet. Good food, good beer. Climb up the side of the Clee where there are a few different options to pitch. Nice descent in the AM from either side.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

That's great , I'll pm you closer to the date what time I'll be down
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:11th works fine. Tally Ho @ Bouldon would be a good place to meet. Good food, good beer. Climb up the side of the Clee where there are a few different options to pitch. Nice descent in the AM from either side.

Greetz

S.
Still good for Sunday mate ? Will I be alright in the pub as looking at the weather I'm gonna have 50 odd miles worth of sh@te on me should be down around 7
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Yup...still on...although a quick site lookup says they stop serving chow @ 4. IMHO, beer is food, so you may be served better by eating on the way, bringing something with you or joining me in the BiF mantra. Other option is to drive here...dump the car...I'll burn something here and we can go find beer and afterward a bivvy spot. PM me for more info.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:Yup...still on...although a quick site lookup says they stop serving chow @ 4. IMHO, beer is food, so you may be served better by eating on the way, bringing something with you or joining me in the BiF mantra. Other option is to drive here...dump the car...I'll burn something here and we can go find beer and afterward a bivvy spot. PM me for more info.

Greetz

S.
Beer is indeed food ,my bro in law proved it by living on Guinness for a week with no food ,but I've had 2 Irish wakes in a week so I need a little more substance ,I'll probably still ride down and meet you at the pub , I'll bring something down with me . Pm you now my number incase my route planning isn't what I think it is and I'm running a bit late ,see you Sunday 7ish