Scottish Spring Thing 2018

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Re: Scottish Spring Thing 2018

Post by fatbikephil »

Blair512 wrote:Planned on riding the opposite way Phil, up through Cowdenbeath and up over Benarty Hill, perhaps we could meet up with you somewhere in that direction, Vane Farm cafe maybe?
Probably best not to arrange a meet up as I have to recover from previous nights drinking, rescue my car from dunf and then sort a load of sh*t out on the bike. If you are going to reverse the route then I will aim to join the route at Lochore meadows and head up Benarty hill from there.

Ray the Bivvy spot is signed from the private road that the cycleway follows between Pillars of Hercules café and Strathmiglo as 'Woodland hub' - its also the Chancefield Sawmill entrance. Its about 1k west of the Pillars café on the south side of the road. Turn up the track and follow it until just after a big puddle. Look for a track to the right (there is a new gate here), then just after fight your way past an old deer fence gate and your there.

If you are really pushed for time the nearest station is ladybank although Markinch has more trains and is only a bit further.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

No probs Phil, hopefully see you at the Bruce if not before.
pushbikemike

Post by pushbikemike »

I'm not able to make it. Weekend bivi's are getting harder to do these days. Sneaked in a good one Tuesday and Wednesday.

Hope you all have a good one.

Cheers
Mike
Alan63

Post by Alan63 »

I'm out this weekend. Going to Dundee as pitbitch for junior at a track meet.

Have a great trip folks. Will catch up some other time.
BaM 2021
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Really sorry but I'm gonna be a no show too. Far too much diy on my hands at the mo. Have a good un.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Pity you chaps can't make it, it's looking like a braw day oot here!