Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

fatbikephil

Re: Scotland Winter Bivi.

Post by fatbikephil »

Good stuff Ray, earned yourself a few beers with that wee job :-bd
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I have use of the van again this year and currently have three free spaces so if anyone wants a lift from Edinburgh then post on here, strictly first come first served. I may be able to pick up on the way if it's not too far off the M90, A9.
The route I'm doing is 20 miles each way on estate tracks starting at Bridge of Balgie. 2 climbs, 1 descent out. 2 descents, 1 climb back at an easy pace.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:I have use of the van again this year and currently have three free spaces so if anyone wants a lift from Edinburgh then post on here, strictly first come first served. I may be able to pick up on the way if it's not too far off the M90, A9.
The route I'm doing is 20 miles each way on estate tracks starting at Bridge of Balgie. 2 climbs, 1 descent out. 2 descents, 1 climb back at an easy pace.
I'd definitely like a space if I'm not counted already Ray? Collection in Falkirk area if possible, perhaps Grangemouth services to save straying to far from the motorway?
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Hi Blair, your already counted. You thinking of the M9 instead of the M90, was gonna head straight North from Edinburgh. Will see who else wants a lift before I commit to going Grangemouth way but don't rule it out just yet.
Unfortunately jamiep can't make it this year, shame as he was best attendee after me.
AlasdairMc

Post by AlasdairMc »

Ray Young wrote:Hi Blair, your already counted. You thinking of the M9 instead of the M90, was gonna head straight North from Edinburgh. Will see who else wants a lift before I commit to going Grangemouth way but don't rule it out just yet.
Unfortunately jamiep can't make it this year, shame as he was best attendee after me.
I should be along but I'll make my own way up. I've not yet worked out how that will be, but planning is half the fun...
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:Hi Blair, your already counted. You thinking of the M9 instead of the M90, was gonna head straight North from Edinburgh. Will see who else wants a lift before I commit to going Grangemouth way but don't rule it out just yet.
No probs Ray, I can jump on the train into Edinburgh and meet you somewhere, looking forward to this now
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

List of proposed attendees.
Me, Blair, htrider, Scotroutes, RobMac, AlaisdairMc. Looking good.
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ray Young wrote:List of proposed attendees.
I'm hoping Piemonster and Metalheart will be along too. We've certainly discussed it.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

ScotRoutes wrote:
Ray Young wrote:List of proposed attendees.
I'm hoping Piemonster and Metalheart will be along too. We've certainly discussed it.
Could be the biggest yet :-bd . Be a race to get the chairs, I only remember seeing two.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

I have a handy wee device that turns my mat into a chair, might be worth raking it out and seeing if it works ok
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Whats Plan B if the local hill walking club have beaten us to it?? :???:
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

htrider wrote:Whats Plan B if the local hill walking club have beaten us to it?? :???:
Err........sleep outside.

There's actually three rooms. Big, medium and small. Small ones not very pleasant as half the floors missing but you could sleep two in there at a push.
Alan63

Post by Alan63 »

Unfortunately I can't make it. Mrs Alan63 has arranged a night out after suggesting it's left free. Blair, I have sent you a message on fb.
BaM 2021
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Alan63 wrote:Unfortunately I can't make it. Mrs Alan63 has arranged a night out after suggesting it's left free. Blair, I have sent you a message on fb.
Sorry to hear that Alan, enjoyed your company last year.

Jamiep is now in though after re arranging things :-bd .
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:
Alan63 wrote:Unfortunately I can't make it. Mrs Alan63 has arranged a night out after suggesting it's left free. Blair, I have sent you a message on fb.
Sorry to hear that Alan, enjoyed your company last year.

Jamiep is now in though after re arranging things :-bd .
Agreed it's a pity you can't make it Alan, glad Jamie is coming again though :-bd
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

htrider wrote:Whats Plan B if the local hill walking club have beaten us to it?? :???:
As there's quite a few of us going now this is actually a valid point. I'll be bringing my bivi gear just in case I have to sleep outside, might be worth others coming prepared too, responsible bothy use and all that, :ugeek: .
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Ray Young wrote:
As there's quite a few of us going now this is actually a valid point. I'll be bringing my bivi gear just in case I have to sleep outside, might be worth others coming prepared too, responsible bothy use and all that, :ugeek: .
That was certainly my plan.

(either that or ride back to the van and kip in that :lol: )
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

ScotRoutes wrote:
Ray Young wrote:
That was certainly my plan.

(either that or ride back to the van and kip in that :lol: )
I was sussing out alternative digs - there are actually quite a few huts and howfs in the general vicinity but none that I would be arsed to ride to in the event of the bothy being full so tent it is. Must buy winter sleeping bag.....
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Here is the route I hope to take - should be fairly straightforward as far as I can tell - 40 odd k of tracks. https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=hvzaggfjeohqsszz
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

htrider wrote:Here is the route I hope to take - should be fairly straightforward as far as I can tell - 40 odd k of tracks. https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=hvzaggfjeohqsszz
Looks good that Phil, think i'll change my plans and do that instead of the one I had looked at. Half hour quicker to drive to.
Gari

Post by Gari »

I am hoping to get along to this, work permitting. Will probably get the train down to Pitlochry and go in from there. Will let you know later if that’s ok Ray?
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Gari wrote:I am hoping to get along to this, work permitting. Will probably get the train down to Pitlochry and go in from there. Will let you know later if that’s ok Ray?
No problem Gari. Probably setting off from Garry Bridge around 14.00hrs, easy pace on estate tracks and b roads.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Ray Young wrote:
htrider wrote:Here is the route I hope to take - should be fairly straightforward as far as I can tell - 40 odd k of tracks. https://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=hvzaggfjeohqsszz
Looks good that Phil, think i'll change my plans and do that instead of the one I had looked at. Half hour quicker to drive to.
Aye driving to Bridge of Balgie is a PIA. Easy cruise up the A9 suits me and less chance of it being covered in snow :cool: May make 2pm but I'll not commit as I won't know untli the day.
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Borderer, I've tried sending a private message but not sure it sent.
Yes there is space in the van for you and Joe, let me know if you got the pm.

All the spaces in the van are now taken, me, Blair, Jamie, Bridget and Joe.
Borderer

Post by Borderer »

Nice one Ray, thanks. No I didn't get the message unfortunately.