Soft Southeners' Summer Slummer

Arrange rides with other members.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

TheBrownDog

Soft Southeners' Summer Slummer

Post by TheBrownDog »

Would anyone be up for another SE Chilterns seasonally themed event?

Saturday 1 July works for my diary and I could ask Sam to let us borrow his field again.

As an alternative, what about Saturday 15 July - the Chilterns Cycling Festival is the next day at Penn House near Amersham. I'm sure they would like nothing more than a mob of pongy blokes rocking up on odd bikes laden with gear taking over the beer tent. We could mount a display of bikepacking kit, set up a few tarps and maybe convert a few of the roadie folk doing the sportive. Or not.

I've helped with the British Cycling GoRide activities there for the past few years and will be doing so again this year, and I'm pretty sure I can convince them to let us have a go on the obstacle course and mini-race track. It's supposed to be for kids, but it'd no doubt make for some entertaining antics.
I'm just going outside ...
RIP

Re: Soft Southeners' Summer Slummer

Post by RIP »

Thank you for putting your organising hat on again TBD. That sounds fun, so will check diary. Talking of which, I was already in the process of arranging a mini-weekend on your second option of 15/16th July with Si-Cambridge/JamesO/BenP in the Hitchin area. Sorry to keep that one a bit schtum, deffo not intending to exclude anyone, and you're very welcome, but bivi-spots are a bit limited round there so was trying to keep it low-key (obviously it's slightly higher key now :wink:).

R
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
TheBrownDog

Re: Soft Southeners' Summer Slummer

Post by TheBrownDog »

Reg no offence taken fella. I'd love to tag on 15/16th but am committed to helping out at the Cycling Festival. Think I might solo overnight in Penn Wood -dodge the wardens and get an early start setting up the obstacle course.
I'm just going outside ...