Weather Hex and B'Twin Tyre Sealant.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Weather Hex and B'Twin Tyre Sealant.

Post by Ray Young »

Sorry people but I probably just hexed the good weather we have been enjoying by fitting my dry trail tyres, Continental Race King 2.2 up front and a Panaracer Hardpack Comet 2.1 out back.

However​, the real reason for the post is to see if anyone has experience of B'Twin tubeless tyre sealant. I normally use Stan's but only had enough for one tyre and the lbs didn't have any in stock. Next nearest was Decathlon so thought I'd see what they had. £5.99 for 500 ml so I bought some. Tyre went up no problem and holding air fine so far.
Ray Young

Re: Weather Hex and B'Twin Tyre Sealant.

Post by Ray Young »

Resurecting an old thread but after using the B Twin sealant a few times I'd say it's not worth buying. It never actually let me down but when I recently went to use it on installing some hardpack tyres for the borders 220 I found that the half bottle remaining had become rather thick and wouldn't flow round the tyre so I had to go and buy some more expensive stuff. It also seems to dry out more quickly inside the tyre than my experience of Stans. Get what you pay for I suppose.
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

I find this is true of Numark Magic Milk as well...it seems to evaporate in my WTBs. Others may have better results. I'm using Stans at the moment because Amazon shipped me a free 500ml bottle by accident and their little bottles fit into my jerry can nicely.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Stan's here too , put it in last October ,when I checked none of it's gone solid ,maybe it's because the bikes used most days not sure but it does seem to last
ericrobo

Post by ericrobo »

Finish Line
“lasts the life of the tyre” ... TYRE :mrgreen:
“never dries out... latex free”

So far so good with it
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

A simple non-invasive check is to remove the wheel and leave overnight to allow the sealant to pool. In the morning shake the wheel. If you hear sloshing then you've still got some sealant, if you hear a clunking or tapping then you've a "stanimal" so probably should replace the sealant.

I've always used Stans. Does seem to last but you do need to check it on a reasonably regular basis. On my main bike I'll have winter and summer tyres so obviously easy to do when swapping and for the UK this seems adequate. At the end of summer in particular the remaining liquid does appear very "thin". Desert riding Americans seem to check their sealant every couple of months as the high heat evaporates it.
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry