Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Ray Young »

Dr Nick wrote:Not sure if this should be in here or in the postman's been thread, but I just received an email staying that we are now the legal owners of a narrowboat called Quintessence.

We collect it tomorrow and start the potter back to a mooring near home.

I feel pretty cheery about that! :-bd
:-bd
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

100ish miles planned this weekend up to Killin and back, meeting Gill up there so she can cycle back with me. Looking forward to a couple of nights out

Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Is that a new bike Blair?
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:Is that a new bike Blair?

It is Ray, bought it riding the borders 220 and I never even made it onto the start line. Never mind, there's always next year!
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Blair512 wrote:
Ray Young wrote:Is that a new bike Blair?

It is Ray, bought it riding the borders 220 and I never even made it onto the start line. Never mind, there's always next year!
Any excuse for a new bike. If I'd known I'd have offered to take it round for you, :wink: .
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

... because we're hosting a little shoot tomorrow and I've just finished making a moving target. Reckon I'll be quite surprised if anyone manages to hit the thing :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:... because we're hosting a little shoot tomorrow and I've just finished making a moving target. Reckon I'll be quite surprised if anyone manages to hit the thing :-bd
Oooh, given this long spell of dry weather, flamed arrows... :lol: :lol: :???:
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

...and the missus is off for a weekend of debauchery and i’ve already had one child sent home and a thankfully non serious visit to A&E :-bd
In Reverse

Post by In Reverse »

...and it's time to start prepping body and bike for next week's trip to the Austrian Alps. :grin:

To do list:
  • remove Lauf, install Pike
  • see if I can get a Northpaw rim to set up tubeless (early attempts have been unsuccessful)
  • cannibalise some 180mm rotors and adaptors from somewhere and put them on
  • consume kebab, probably lamb tikka
  • wash my lucky shorts
  • go find some hills to ride up - the last two weeks have been very lazy (and very boozy) and arse hasn't touched saddle once. Maybe the Howgills tomorrow and a big Peaks loop on Sunday.
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:... because we're hosting a little shoot tomorrow and I've just finished making a moving target. Reckon I'll be quite surprised if anyone manages to hit the thing :-bd
Is it anyone on here??
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Am holding a big wodge of cash after selling all our furniture and off for a slap up meal with the family.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

Where you're going to break it to them that they've no furniture in the house and you have taken up residence in a camper van. Welcome to the world of no fixed abode.
pistonbroke

Post by pistonbroke »

we're hosting a little shoot tomorrow and I've just finished making a moving target.
You should have waited a couple of days, I believe there's a baloon baby going cheap, buyer collect from Westminster :grin:
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

It's a very cheery Friday 13th for me.

Our knob head neighbours from hell pulled up in a large rented van tonight, because they are moving out tomorrow. :YMAPPLAUSE: :YMAPPLAUSE:
Alpinum

Post by Alpinum »

Off to four summits (if snowconditions permit) beyond 2700 m.a.s.l., one of em above 3000 m, a first for this years biking. Some passes on the way too. After that (late Sunday morning) some shuttling with a good friend. It'll be a good weekend.

But... I just heard a hiss from the rear. There's a bad cut in the tyre and I don't have a replacement. Turned the wheel for sealant to do its job. Et voilà, sealed.

No worries... well hardly any.
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

Yay, it's Friday and I'm shortly off to Skipton Castle for the weekend for other hobby, medieval reenactment, with my 4 year old. Slightly less cheery is that I'll be missing the RideStaffs cycling festival but at least I'll be getting plenty of exercise chasing a hyperactive child around.
RIP

Post by RIP »

There must be a way to combine medieval reenactment with bikepacking somehow :smile:.

Yep very cheery today. Sat with a brew and one of Thomas Tunnock's caramel wafers (actually I might have a second one too, is that greedy and unseemly?) and staring idly out of a train window at beautiful Welsh scenery on the way to an unknown adventure. If that ain't perfection I dunno what is.
Last edited by RIP on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
PaulB2

Post by PaulB2 »

RIP wrote:There must be a way to combine medieval reenactment with bikepacking somehow :smile:.

Yep very cheery today. Sat with a brew and one of Thomas Tunnuck's caramel wafers (actually I might have a second one too, is that greedy and unseemly?) and staring idly out of a train window at beautiful Welsh scenery on the way to an unknown adventure. If that ain't perfection I dunno what is.
While riding in wool is retro fashionable, it'd get a tad warm in my medieval kit let alone wondering how many voile straps I'd need to attach the 7' polearm.
burty

Post by burty »

Cheery Friday my arse
RIP

Post by RIP »

Oh. That's put a damper on things Mr B. Sorry to hear that. Can any of us assist in some small way? Make you a brew or something?
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

It's a very cheery Friday from me having spent the day walking round the Loire Valley, drinking wine at lunchtime and watching our campsite hosts cook a big pig for our dinner over a wood fire. Hic.
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
99percentchimp

Post by 99percentchimp »

Working from home today (from the Algarve :shock: )…. did the last video conference in me pants (and a shirt obviously) 'cos its a bit waaarm :grin: :-bd
Swim and beer shortly... have a good weekend all :-bd
Conquistador of the pointless
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99percentchimp/
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Mostly cheery...bottle cage bosses replaced and bars taped...yay! Saddle and pedal rebuild kit not arrived after 5 days...boo!

Greetz

S.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Very happy Friday for me. Last day of work for two weeks during which Im off to Colorado with the kids for a holiday of outdoorsy stuff. My back is sorted (sorta) and the overnight white water rafting trip Ive booked, plus the fishing and hunting, rock climbing and hiking, camping and getting chased by bears is all looking good. Bring it on.
I'm just going outside ...
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

Happy day - My old girl (Patterdale terrier,) back from the vets in far finer fettle than she went in. Took the younger one out for a walk without her and he's constantly looking around for her but at least he's not showing off trying to impress the more mature lady he thinks she is.