Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

Ray Young

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by Ray Young »

Wife goes away on holiday with one of her mates tomorrow. 10 days to do what I want which will include 3 nights in 2 bothies, :-bd .
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

ZeroDarkBivi wrote:Road trip to the Alps for some Telemark action; very cheery as I didn’t think this was going to happen last week.
Get ready for extreme quads pain!
Did 6 days straight telemarking last week and my thighs are only just speaking to me again. Didn't help that I've done two rather hard commutes this week thanks to the snow.
Beer time now tho so extremely cheery!
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

Ray Young wrote:Wife goes away on holiday with one of her mates tomorrow. 10 days to do what I want which will include 3 nights in 2 bothies, :-bd .
That sounds ideal Ray, wonder if I can talk Gill into buggering off on holiday by herself so I can go cycling :lol:
Roobell7

Post by Roobell7 »

Course over, car fuelled and loaded for the journey home :-bd
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

Lots of snow oot west so time for some fun. Hmmm, planks or bike???
RIP

Post by RIP »

Anyone/nobody cheerful today? I'm not particularly cheerful this Friday but not particularly uncheerful either. Got 6 hours to go though so it could still go either way really.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

I'm fairly cheery Reg. As you say, not unduly but enough to ward off the slings and arrows of life :-bd
May the bridges you burn light your way
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

Had the dog behaviourist out today and good news, she's not psycho. Just a little intervention needed so happy Friday, :-bd .
ScotRoutes

Post by ScotRoutes »

Slidy Friday.

Getting a few runs in before the hordes arrive for mid-term.
Oli.vert

Post by Oli.vert »

I am parpticularly cheerful this Friday. Yes, I am farting like a natural born trouper, but mainly as I had a 1 yr check up on my new bionic hip and got some up to date pictures of my innards. All is top notch apparently, and I've been given reassurance that I can go hell for leather at anything I point myself at, which is very good to hear and my training aims can get moved up a few notches. TCW and Pennine Bridleway this year then. :-bd

Also - when whiskey distillers find that what's in the pot isnt going to fit their 'flavour profile' they sell it off to anyone that wants it. So tonight I'm drinking some not quite right Caol-Isla that's branded as 7yr old Port Askaig. Not bad either, even if it does make me think of something that could be called Porta-skag.

Cheers!
RIP

Post by RIP »

'Arrows... life' - would that be one of those new 'special' ones you're trying out in the privacy of your own valley ready for when the flag goes up :smile:.

Decided to partake of a few pieces of chocolate. Nothing too unseemly or excessive. Five or six squares. I've just noticed it's got 'sea salt' in it. Sounds a bit hipster to me - probably only on sale in the SE-Chilterns area.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and the cheer-o-meter has advanced a couple of notches. I think it's nice to take pleasure in some simple things.
Last edited by RIP on Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

psling

Post by psling »

Bearbonesnorm wrote:I'm fairly cheery Reg. As you say, not unduly but enough to ward off the slings and arrows of life :-bd
I beg your pardon sir !?! :grin:

I'm fairly cheery as I have actually managed to get out on a bike twice this week, first rides of the year.
We go out into the hills to lose ourselves, not to get lost. You are only lost if you need to be somewhere else and if you really need to be somewhere else then you're probably in the wrong place to begin with.
RIP

Post by RIP »

Nice one Ray. By some coincidence I had the wife behaviourist out today and they gave me the same news. However they did say they couldn't understand how anyone as beyond-sane as Mrs Perrin could put up with me. She could probably get a grant or Council help or something.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

All cheery here, had my third job offer in a week :-bd
After a frankly medieval style torture they call a cortisone
Injection I’ve had my first pain free day since last years WRT :-bd
I’m off to north Devon for a week and Mrs D has suggested I take the bike :-bd
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
macinblack

Post by macinblack »

I've had all of next Xmas granted as leave - First time ever (but it is my last one before retirement.)

Witnessed for the first time today that the cat (who has managed to survive kittenhood with two Patterdales) has worked out how to use the loo.
JohnClimber

Post by JohnClimber »

Very cheery day.

A pay rise, 2 extra days holiday and Stuart has launched this badge. :-bd

Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

RIP wrote:Nice one Ray. By some coincidence I had the wife behaviourist out today and they gave me the same news. However they did say they couldn't understand how anyone as beyond-sane as Mrs Perrin could put up with me. She could probably get a grant or Council help or something.
Sorry to disappoint Reg but I've come to the conclusion that wife behaviourists are actually "something" in disguise. The "something" they are I've never quite figured out but the outcome of their interventions in my experience always seems to have me altering my ways to accommodate the wife rather than vice versa. They call it cognitive therapy or something. I did apply to the council and got a grant for aforementioned behaviourist but most of it got invested in the local community by means of the pub.
TheBrownDog

Post by TheBrownDog »

Had a very cheery Friday. Went into London (normally irksome but I spent the morning in a meeting with a bunch of amazingly intelligent 20-somethings and came away rather upbeat). After lunch with an old friend I'd not seen for 6 or 7 years and a couple more productive meetings, I met TWICRTAMGF* for a nice steak dinner in a random pub and, for the first time in many years, took in a show - The Book of Mormon. It was simply brilliant.

* The Woman I Currently Refer to As My Girlfriend
I'm just going outside ...
fatbikephil

Post by fatbikephil »

I was pretty cheery yesterday pedalling my bike along various highways and byways, culminating in a zub zero bivvy in the woods. Not cheery today - sleet falling and its my birthday...
ZeroDarkBivi

Post by ZeroDarkBivi »

htrider wrote:I was pretty cheery yesterday pedalling my bike along various highways and byways, culminating in a zub zero bivvy in the woods. Not cheery today - sleet falling and its my birthday...
Happy Birthday - go and get drunk early...!

Rotten weather in the 'sunny south' as well today, and my wrist is still in a brace from the ski trip... so cheering myself up by reading the CT datebook and 'visualising' my summer plan. Apparently that now constitutes performance enhancement, as much as actually riding my bike!
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

Technically it was cheery Thursday evening as it happened on my ride home, I narrowly avoided riding through a massive number 2 someone had left at the side of the track, wouldn't want that flicked off the front wheel all over me :lol:

This may have seemed funnier at the time as it was a mental break from battling through water and mud for the previous 2 hours.
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

sean_iow wrote:Technically it was cheery Thursday evening as it happened on my ride home, I narrowly avoided riding through a massive number 2 someone had left at the side of the track, wouldn't want that flicked off the front wheel all over me :lol:

This may have seemed funnier at the time as it was a mental break from battling through water and mud for the previous 2 hours.
Made me smirk. Must be my toilet based humour.
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

Yay awoke this morning to stereo Thrushes trying to out sing each other and almost straying into Nightingale repertoire.
My new glasses have arrived. I fell over in the garden some weeks ago broke my glasses and inured my leg so couldn’t walk or ride for two weeks. Did a tape repair on the glasses but they wouldn’t stay on but all is ok again now.
Clear blue skies about 12°C so out for my first ride for a month later.
Zazen - nothing happens next this is it.
frogatthefarriers

Post by frogatthefarriers »

'S not that cheery for me - I'm back in work tomorrow - on nights. :cry:

On a slightly different note, I can't remember the last time I told a joke. Of the "have you heard the one about....?" sort. Nor have I heard any one else tell one. Are they an endangered species?
Konia kują, żaba noge podstawia...
MuddyPete

Post by MuddyPete »

TheBrownDog wrote:...TWICRTAMGF*
Oooh...that works on sooo many levels :lol:

Used "Chinese New Year" as an excuse to throw a firework party...which went remarkably well :grin:
Everyone had fun and no one was maimed :-bd

Ace!
May you always have tail wind.