Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Talk about anything.

Moderators: Bearbonesnorm, Taylor, Chew

flyingmonkeycorps

Re: Yay, it's cheery Friday.

Post by flyingmonkeycorps »

Just spent lunchtime sat in the sun reading. It's bloomin' toasty out there, bit worried I might be too hot tonight.
Blair512

Post by Blair512 »

An hour left of work then we're off to France for a week. No cycling involved but plenty bread, wine and a couple of days at Disney, just what the doctor ordered. :-bd
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

Dave Barter wrote::-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd I'm signing lots of forms today which means we are now definitely moving to Devon on the 6th July :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd :-bd

Well cheery Friday not so cheery thanks to our buyers dicking around. Here's hoping for cheery Monday instead
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
whitestone

Post by whitestone »

Was all going reasonably well until I got home ... Rode home, put the bike away and got changed. I needed to nip to the shops so headed downstairs to check what we needed when I heard a "drip ... drip ... drip". :shock:

Back upstairs and there's a puddle on the landing floor which wasn't there five minutes earlier when I'd walked past barefoot. Up into the loft and the water feed pipe is dripping :sad: Not fast but definitely making things wet, it looked like the connection between the incoming alcathene pipe and the copper pipe going to the cold water tank. Stashed in the loft are my old building tools and stuff including a washing up bowl of nails and screws. Empty this into another box and get it under the leak. Got back from the shop and there's about half a cup of water in the bowl. It was then I noticed a very fine get of water spraying away from me - the leak! This was getting stuff wet so needed stopping. A couple of wraps of Gorilla tape and while it's not stopped, the flow is much reduced.

Ah well, another job (for the plumber)
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Cheery Sat. for me - my Blairs Ultra Death sauce turned up. Does what it says on the bottle....completely and utterly slays me. You could put a drop of this in your winter bivvy food and you wouldn't have a problem being cold.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Post by middleagedmadness »

Scattamah wrote:Cheery Sat. for me - my Blairs Ultra Death sauce turned up. Does what it says on the bottle....completely and utterly slays me. You could put a drop of this in your winter bivvy food and you wouldn't have a problem being cold.

Greetz

S.
Don't bother bringing any out on Thursday mate :lol: think I'll stick to the Jura and pints ,I can't even manage more than a Madras these days without it feeling like a death of a thousand knives in my gut
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Yup...no hot sauce for you mah friend...although you wouldn't notice your legs full of lactic climbing the Clee as your mind would be on something else.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:Yup...no hot sauce for you mah friend...although you wouldn't notice your legs full of lactic climbing the Clee as your mind would be on something else.

Greetz

S.
It's what'd would be exiting the rear as I strain up the clee I'm worried about :lol:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

You'd have something to take your mind off that too. It's definetly grip-marks-on-porcelain territory. Seizure Tursday.

Greetz

S.
middleagedmadness

Scattamah wrote:You'd have something to take your mind off that too. It's definetly grip-marks-on-porcelain territory. Seizure Tursday.

Greetz

S.
I hope the tursday is a spelling mistake or a play on turdsday and not a take on my ethnic origins :wink:
Scattamah

Post by Scattamah »

Now why would I do that? I plead the Teeling with Leffe chaser...oh wait on...

Greetz

S.
sean_iow

Post by sean_iow »

OK, I know it's Tuesday but I couldn't resist. My wife works in asthma and allergy research and when they test/weigh/measure the children in the study they get a little toy as a thank you for taking part. She was sent into town to buy a selection as they were running low. She sent me a picture of some she had bought, selected at random in the shop. Straight away 2 in the corner of the pic caught my eye

That looks like Stu on the left although there appears to be a fire so maybe not? Unless he's just chased of the fire lighting louts and that's why he's waving a sword? And could the other one be Mike? On second thoughts as he seems to actually be at work it must be Hux :lol:
Adventure without risk is Disneyland - Bikemonger
RIP

Post by RIP »

:lol:.

I like the look of those gloves Mike's wearing, they look pretty much everything-proof. Even Welsh rain.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

The sign outside the asylum is the wrong way round.....

"At least you got some stories" - James Acaster
middleagedmadness

It's a cheery Tuesday , a pleasant meander up the cut to work ,find out I've only been left the equivalent of 3hrs work for a 12 HR shift :-bd , last shift of the week and looking forward to a night on brown clee Thursday ,all is well this week in my little world
RIP

Post by RIP »

Reckon we need to get this thread back to Fridays again and stop the Just-A-Minute-style deviation :smile:. That's not to discriminate against other days of the week, I mean they're probably perfectly serviceable and useful in their own right but Friday is the one.

Having said that, 'twas sort of a bitter/sweet cheery Friday today. Was at a school in really quite a poorly-off area this week. Took all the Year 5s and 6s out to do their road-cycling course, which was challenging enough what with all the blazing vehicles, sounds of gunfire, and black smoke everywhere. I'm joking of course. But sadly the kids around there really do have very little and it's a bit of a lump-in-the-throat situation. Today was the Year 4s. I was a bit apprehensive 'cos as well as just handling all the usual crowd-control stuff, I was told four of them couldn't ride at all. Unless you help them separately, it makes it quite difficult to deliver the main session, and keep the ones who can ride interested. Didn't want to disappoint though, so I gave it my best shot. Bloody knackering though. Anyway, I managed to get two of the four mobile under their own steam, and the tear-jerker line from one little girl was "my dad is going to be so proud of me". Bless! Actually I never use the M or D words - "family" is the neutral one to go for after the reaction I got to M/D many years ago.

I'm afraid I'm not a subscriber to that corny line about "if you can't do, teach". Really, passing on a skill to children is one of the most valuable things you can do I reckon. That's not blowing my trumpet in any way - the kids are the ones who do the achieving. You'll be pleased to hear I slipped in plenty of subversive BP info as well while their teachers weren't listening - they're only 8 years old but they loved hearing all about WRT and the freedom of bikepacking :-bd.
"My God, Ponsonby, I'm two-thirds of the way to the grave and what have I done?" - RIP

whitestone

Post by whitestone »

I nearly got a Strava top ten on my way home. I'd have had it too if it wasn't for that pesky farmer and his cattle :roll:
Better weight than wisdom, a traveller cannot carry
Ray Young

Post by Ray Young »

I just survived two days bikepacking on two of the hottest days of the year in Scotland without suffering heatstroke, never drunk so much in my life over two days, not even on a bender.
Bearlegged

Post by Bearlegged »

RIP wrote:Reckon we need to get this thread back to Fridays again and stop the Just-A-Minute-style deviation :smile:. .
BZZZZZZTTT!!!

Repetition of fours/4s.
Dave Barter

Post by Dave Barter »

I wrote a mega bit of SQL that made a client happy and I had sticky bananas and cinnamon toast for brekkie
Elite keyboard warrior, DNF'er, Swearer
RIP

Post by RIP »

"SQL" - that's just given me a traumatic flashback. Need a beer to recover. "Bananas" - even worse. Bad experience as a child. Don't like to talk about it though. Writing SQL while eating a banana? Don't even go there.

BigdummySteve

Post by BigdummySteve »

Gave my boss notice today, double edged sword. While I love working there ( chilled boss,good work shop music and good banter) it’s not a long term prospect.
So now I’m officially on countdown, I’m going to run a small team testing and repairing lifting equipment for the entertainment industry.......should be really cheery but can’t quite shake the feeling I’m losing something.
We’re all individuals, except me.

I woke up this morning but I’m still in the dark
voodoo_simon

Post by voodoo_simon »

whitestone wrote:I nearly got a Strava top ten on my way home. I'd have had it too if it wasn't for that pesky farmer and his cattle :roll:
Farmers normally make me get my KOMs :lol:

Friday night spent watching the sun set on the Clwydians :-bd
RIP

Post by RIP »

Taking my F/S beastie to LBS next Monday for some brakes work (I'm not touching them, I'm quite fond of being able to stop as/when required).

Was browsing tinternet earlier. Entirely unrelated to what I was browsing, I suddenly decided to check for more pairs of the Madison Tempest 3/4 shorts I bought a while ago and which I've been very pleased with. Funny how one's brain does that, some sort of sixth/seventh sense. Anyroad, not been able to get 'em since I bought this pair a while ago - discontinued, out of stock etc. As always, should have bought several pairs at the time. Wierd time of year to search for them as well - like buying that MR down jacket in summer. This time searching, one pair (small size), popped up in a shop in Welshpool - ace! Rang them, oh, we haven't really. OK. Searched a bit more, then on ebay a pair showed up, clicked for purchase and, amazingly a success this time. Looked a bit closer, and the shop IS MY LBS!! How bizarre is that. The only pair on the planet and they're under my nose all the time, and I can have them on Monday.

So, cheery Friday for me thank you.

Bearbonesnorm

Post by Bearbonesnorm »

Nuff said

May the bridges you burn light your way
Dr Nick

Post by Dr Nick »

Not sure if this should be in here or in the postman's been thread, but I just received an email staying that we are now the legal owners of a narrowboat called Quintessence.

We collect it tomorrow and start the potter back to a mooring near home.

I feel pretty cheery about that! :-bd
Not so much a gravel grinder.... more a gravel (mud and tarmac) groveller...